Hi everyone!

Go down

Hi everyone!

Post by groovy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi there everyone! My name is Stacey and I am new to this forum. I have two wonderful cats, Marilyn and Whiskers. I am 19, I live in Saint Louis, Missouri and enjoy the outdoors, nature, helping the environment and I LOVE any type of animal. I am also big on music, music festivals and just anything that is fun. I am a vegetarian and I eat organic/all natural food. So does one of my cats, Marilyn (she isn't a vegetarian though!).

Marilyn is a two year old mixed breed tortoiseshell tabby cat. She still has all of her claws but she is spayed. We rescued her in September of 2007 from a woman who was hoarding cats. She came with fleas and tapeworm. The vet also diagnosed her with feline IBD but now her symptoms are gone since I had switched her food to a higher-quality no-by product food. She loves to be pet but isn't much on being held or cuddling. She loves to go outside (supervised) on a leash or free roam in the backyard and she loves to play with a laser light. She would be a good hunter because she has already tried to capture birds outside but have always set them free (I think by accident).

Whiskers is a seven year old mixed breed mackerel tabby with white. He is a declawed cat (not my decision) and is neutered. He lives with my mom since I have moved out. He is very shy and skittish, doesn't like loud noises or strangers. He can be a total sweetheart when he is being brushed, though! He LOVES to be brushed. He also enjoys kitty treats and loves Fancy Feast.

I also have four gerbils and one mouse. They are pretty cool creatures. Two of my gerbils are four years old this year and that makes them pretty old, about 100 or so in human years!

I will post pictures of them later once I get some more loaded on photobucket. Until then, nice to meet everyone and I am looking forward to having fun and learning a lot on this site!

-Stacey
groovy

Number of posts : 12
Cat(s): : Marilyn,Whiskers
Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by pokbg on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi there Stacey and welcome to you and your little furries (kitties and rodents)!

I'm the mom of Pok, my male silver tabby mixie who's turning 4 this summer, and Baby-Girl, my sweet little calico princess who's somewhere between 2-3 years old (rescue so we don't know for sure).

I've you get any problems, or isn't quite certain how something works here, just give out a shout, and we'll try to help.

And... yes... we'd love to see piccies!!!

pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile http://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi Stacy and welcome to the forum. Your cats sound lovely, poor Whiskers, I don't agree with declawing but am sure he has gotten over that trauma. It seems to be an American thing, vets over here won't perform that operation.
Love the name Marilyn, sounds very sexy, she sounds like my cat Sam that had to be PTS last year, he was very loving but would not tolerate being held or cuddled, he would take his paw across your face if you tried to do that.
I have 3 cats, Moto is 4, a gentle ginger neutered tom, who likes to think he is brave and macho but he's anything but, a real scardy cat, then there is Sophie, she's a tabby and about 16/17 months old, we rescued her from the local re-homing centre, she's the most affectionate little toot you could have, very loving and trustful, she's my little princess. And then there is Teddy, he's a semi-long haired pure white cat, very deaf and a bit of a walking disaster, he is a house cat and very destructive, but loving as well. I also foster cats for Cats Protection ( a charity that looks after the welfare of abandoned and stray cats), although we don't hace any at the moment. That is how we came to have Teddy, we were fostering him and decided to keep him, oh well there are times I wonder why we did. LOL I hope you enjoy the forum, we can have a really good laugh on here at times. Mad, all of us.

Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groovy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone! I don't believe in declawing either, but as soon as we got him, my step-father wanted to have him declawed...:(
groovy

Number of posts : 12
Cat(s): : Marilyn,Whiskers
Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:15 pm

hi there stacy
i am emma and have 1 and half cats the half being my new baby which is a week old you can see her on the cat chat page my other is a 2yr old siamese called twiggy to ther friends or siamaiden i love u love
but no one loves her today she has just started calling and being a true siamese she is very very vocal
any how welcome to the mad house look forward to chatting more soon
emma
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

View user profile http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Welcome Stacey, I am Nicki and mum to Prince!
Hope you enjoy the forum from that side of the pond as much as we do over here! xx
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi Stacey and welcome to the forum
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo on Sun May 04, 2008 12:22 am

Hi Stacey.

I'm Helen and I'm mum to Maddison approx 7/8yrs? (big black girl, that my partner took in as a kitten from Cats Protection) and Bramble (grey fluff ball) that we found at 5weeks old on the motorway nearly a year ago (man she was hard to catch lol). Mads loves to roam outside, but never strays far, she just enjoys her freedom and loves the rain! Bramble is a house cat as is too terrified of car sounds (and any loud or sudden noise) to go out.

I look forward to chatting and having a laugh!

maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu on Wed May 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Hello
Welcome to the forum!!!