For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New kitten visitor

+2
Ali
Ian B
6 posters

Go down

New kitten visitor Empty New kitten visitor

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm

I caught sight of him for the first time yesterday afternoon, but he'd wandered off by the time I got outside. He called again today and was after some food my lot had left that I'd thrown onto the lawn

New kitten visitor New_vi10

Here's Bola saying hello, you get some idea of the kittens age by the difference in sizes, I'd say he was only about 9 months old. This pic shows his true colour, a dark grey, and he's got amazing hooped/stripey hind legs.

New kitten visitor New_vi11

He's friendly enough (tho' not neutered yet) and clearly used to people as he came running when I called him before giving him some biscuits as he was obviously very hungry..................but bloody hell, he is loud Shocked I thought Max had a big mouth but he's only half the volume of this kitten Laughing and as much as I love cats, I wouldn't want to have to listen to this one all day long.

I don't know what it is about my garden, but it seems to attract cats the same way as other peoples attract birds.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

New kitten visitor Empty Re: New kitten visitor

Post by Ali Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 pm

He's a lovely looking cat. Reminds me of our Smokey who was a feral cat and mum and dad adopted her. She was grey all over, no white bits, but this kitten just suddenly reminded me of her Very Happy
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 am

Hi Ali,

Yeah, colour-wise he reminds me of a cat my grandparents had who just like Smokey was solid grey, but semi feral. They lived in a massive house, more a small-holding really, so this cat had as much freedom as he wanted and only rarely came into the house. He always sat on the parlour windowsill, nowhere else, and granddad was the only person he'd let touch him, anybody else who tried instantly regretted it Laughing

I'm not sure if this kitten isn't Donnas (Buddys real owner) new cat. I spotted a young cat on a upstairs windowsill after it became obvious Buddy preferred it here, he looked black and white, but it could easily have been grey and white. I'll have to make sure this kitten doesn't work out how to use the flap, just in case he is Donnas.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 pm

They could be attracted to your garden because of the food you throw down there, a cat will smell that a mile off. Laughing If it is Donna's new cat you maybe better not feeding this one, as he may end up coming to you for food rather than going home. It doesn't take them long to realise where an easy meal is.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 pm

What a lovely looking fella.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Teddy wrote:They could be attracted to your garden because of the food you throw down there, a cat will smell that a mile off. Laughing If it is Donna's new cat you maybe better not feeding this one, as he may end up coming to you for food rather than going home. It doesn't take them long to realise where an easy meal is.
True, but I only throw it out when I know a cat is hanging about so it's never down long. The black cat who's using the box in my shed was nearby, I'd thrown it out for him but he was too slow Laughing

Chunkyboy wrote:What a lovely looking fella.
I'd say more unusual, tho' I like dark grey cats almost as much as black ones. He's a nice cat.................except for that bloody fog-horn voice Laughing It's hard to believe so much noise can come from such a small cat Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzy.Cat Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:34 pm

He is a lovely looking cat, he reminds me of our Charlie and as for the noise I know what you mean Misty is 3 but so small people think she is a kitten and the noise that she makes you just wouldn't think it would come out of a cat so small.
Frizzy.Cat
Frizzy.Cat
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 299
Cat(s): : Jess, Cindy, Charlie, Misty and Inca
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 pm

LOL I have the opposite problem although it's not really a problem, Sophie always sounds as though she is miles away, she has a queer pitch, you would think to hear her she was in another room and not just at your feet. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

He is a lovely looking boy. Love the grey smudge on his nose and under his chin.
Won't be long before he gets his feet under the table then. Laughing
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content