Welcome to the forum Joanne

Go down

Welcome to the forum Joanne

Post by Ian B on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Nice to see you've found us here Very Happy

There's a lot of ex CW members here who you won't know, tho' there's one or two of us who posted at both forums.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to the forum Joanne

Post by Jojolabanane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome Ian. I was really missing reading about your lot as well as from the others on CW and look forward to hearing about all these new catlovers and their furbabies.
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Joanne,

Kerri finally got a reply from Asdown over the fate of the forums, basically (assuming you don't already know/Kaz hasn't told you) they are finished as they were, but new blog style forums are soon to be up and running. There will be no access to the old forums and everybody will have to start from scratch.

All the time the members of the various forums were getting that Craft Store site, myself and Kaz could access and post at CW with no trouble. We both tried contacting CW over this but neither of us recieved a reply, which has left a sour taste. They must have known for some time about the changes but said nothing, and I for one will most likely not use the new CW layout once it starts as a result.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Ian

It was very naughty of them to just stop access to the site like that and especially not to reply to any queries. Made some really good friends on CW and hope that somehow they manage to find their way here so we can keep in touch. Also excited about getting to know a whole host of cat lovers that I hadn't known before. Hope your lot are keeping well. Bonnie and Malo are both enjoying the sunny days, although Bonnie takes it in from inside the conservatory most of the time with only very short ventures outside.
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:07 pm

HI Joanne, welcome to the forum, I'm Kath (Teddy) and I was on CW ages ago, must be over two years now though. I have two cats, Moto and Sophie, Moto is a ginger grumpy 6 years old male and Sophie is my little spoiled tabby, such a mummy's girl. Laughing Hope you like it here, we need some young blood in.

Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi Joanne and a big welcome to the forum.
I'm Nicola I was on cat world but like kath said it must be about 2 years ago now, I have 2 cats Lilly a ginger little sod and Saffy a black laid back cat lol.

Jump right in with us we are a friendly bunch and pics of your cats would be fab.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am

Jojolabanane wrote:Hi Ian

It was very naughty of them to just stop access to the site like that and especially not to reply to any queries. Made some really good friends on CW and hope that somehow they manage to find their way here so we can keep in touch. Also excited about getting to know a whole host of cat lovers that I hadn't known before. Hope your lot are keeping well. Bonnie and Malo are both enjoying the sunny days, although Bonnie takes it in from inside the conservatory most of the time with only very short ventures outside.
Hi Joanne,

I'm assuming the changes have been explained in the various magazines, but the vast majority of CW forum members, and I guess the same about the Bead forum members as well, are only casual readers at best and not subscribers so they may not have seen the news. I can access the forums and still see a lot of people who must be getting the Craft Store site, listed as being online, which if the changes have been featured in the mags, supports my idea of them being casual readers.

If it wasn't for those, or members like myself who don't read the mags at all, but who found the forums and used them, there would be virtually no activity on them. We kept the forums alive imo, so at least deserved an explanation about the forthcoming changes.

I tried emailing CW members direct from the forum about this, but that option still hadn't been fixed even tho' it had been reported as being broken at least 18 months ago.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 am

@ Ian - I, like yourself, do not subscribe to Cat World magazine, but did get copies from time to time. Must have missed the one about the changes to forum and do feel let down in the way they approached it. Nevermind, seems like a lovely bunch here so I look forward to meeting new friends.

@ Kath (Teddy), many thanks for the warm welcome. Apart from the colouring, your two sound very much like my two.

edit. Malo has just jumped up onto the desk to see what I am doing - very unusual behaviour on his part as he is generally not interested in anything human. Ahhhh. Just had the honour of a headbut - his way of saying hello. Just noticed, however, a couple of new scrapes, so he is probably feeling sorry for himself. One scratch on his nose and another just above his lip.

@ Nicola, thanks for the welcome. Sounds like another two cat family where one is a sweetheart and the other a bit of a character. Will try to get some photos on later today, but have to warn you that I am not very good when it comes to technology.
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 am

Hi Joanne,

When Ashdown closed the previous forum there was a bit of a hoohah about it, but IIRC, they at least let us know it was going to happen.

You've only got to look at the other forums to see it's not subscribers or even casual mag readers who use them as they are dead and have been since day one in a lot of cases. CW and Bead were by far the busiest forums and I'd suggest the majority of members stumbled on them via google/whatever.

RE pics, it's a lot easier to post them here as you can do it direct, just click the box (3rd from the right of the quote box) and take things from there.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Joanne,
I was also on CW forum and made a few friends there, but hadn't posted for a while.
I'm Lynn and slave to Buddy and Mary.
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

View user profile http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi Joanne, like a few others, I was a member of CW a while ago too! Your furry bunch sound lovely! I'm Helen and mum to Maddy and Bramble.

maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Littlekitty, hi Maddymoo. Buddy and Mary, Maddy and Bramble - all little beauties. It will take a while for me to remember who is slave/mummy or daddy to who but am loving getting to know you all.
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Hello Joanne, I'm Ali and have a cat called Isis. I too, like the others, was a member of CW and was surprised to see when I tried to get on it the other week I couldn't! Now I know why. Ah well!! Nice to meet you and to hear about your furry family. x
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello Ali. I can recall seeing yourself and Isis on CW. What a lovely grey tabby with beautiful markings. What sort of temperament does she have? I have one of each - Bonnie is such a sweetheart and so loving, while Malo does his own thing and shuns human contact. There are times when he doesn't mind a cuddle - but on his own terms.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Aww your cats sound lovely, even tho Malo likes to do his own thing! Isis is pretty much the same too, altho saying that, since Isla was born, Isis has become friendlier and likes to be around us more. She sleeps on the bed with us at night but makes herself scarce in the day (to get away from Isla!). Now that we've moved to a village, we've started letting her out and she's loving it. We let her out for a bit in the day and supervise her til she becomes more confident. I ought to take some pics of her outside and put them on here for you all to see.
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down