New to this forum

Go down

New to this forum

Post by Jojolabanane on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi all

Am new to this forum although I do recognise a few names from CW forum. I currently have two furbabies, Bonnie and Malo. Previously we had Joseph who was a delight - such a regal cat, and one we were sure would be our last. We couldn't imagine ever having another cat as we would be forever comparing. That was until Bonnie came along. Bonnie is a black and white female moggie, who my husband found curled up in a puddle, sick and almost lifeless. Joseph was at the time quite ill with a liver tumour so we were a bit hesitant to bring her home just in case it jeopardised Joseph's health. We nevertheless took the plunge, and haven't looked back since. Although Joseph had always had the place to himself, he seemed glad for the company and we followed the vets advice carefully to ensure Joseph came to no harm and Bonnie got better from her cat flu. About six months later we lost Joseph at the age of 19. It was a difficult time even though we had been expecting it - the liver tumour was diagnosed some 2 years earlier. It wasn't long before we realised that Bonnie was lonely and pining for the company of another cat - and so Malo joined the family. Malo was a feral stray - tabby and white male moggie. Malo's favorite thing is fighting with other cats and he totally does his own thing and ignores us humans. He doesn't do laps or being picked up but he does know this is home and he and Bonnie tolerate each other. Bonnie is an indoor cat - through her own choosing. She has a runny eye due to scarring from her catflu and a cataract in the other eye, apparently from malnourishment as a kitten. She also has a 'funny mouth' with some teeth doubled up and currently she is on a diet - vet's orders. The vet says Bonnie can be anything between 5 and 10 years old. Malo is in good health and his visits to the vets are always due to fight wounds. When we got him one and a half years ago the vet could pinpoint his age at 1 year.

Looking forward to reading about your lovely kitties and sharing my gangs adventures with you all.

Bestest wishes
Joanne
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to this forum

Post by Ian B on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Joanne,

Glad you've found us here, it can be a bit quiet, tho' not as quiet as CW lately Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Joanne
I've just read your introduction, bit late I know, but glad I did. I'm sorry to hear about Joseph, but he was a really good age when he passed away, I'm sure he had a happy lovely life.

I'm sure both Bonnie and Malo are equally as happy even though they only tolerate each other, that's cats for you LOL Bit like my two.
We had our last cat for 7 years and he died quite unexpectedly when he was 10, he had been healthy until 5-6 weeks before he was PTS, he had developed a brain tumour. Like Malo he didn't like to be lifted either but was affectionate in his own way. After he was PTS, I lasted a week and then just had to get another cat and that's when Sophie came along, I'm so glad we did.

Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Joanne. Love your introduction, hearing about the late but great Joseph, and the gorgeous Bonnie and Malo.
I am Nicki, and mum to the wonderful-but-chunky Prince, Laughing who we got from Cats Protection around 6 years ago. He has a wonderful temperament and is easily the most laid back chilled out cat Ive ever met.
Look forward to hearing about/seeing more pics.
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Joanne and welcome! Very Happy
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Joanne and welcome to the forum! :-)

maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Many thanks for welcoming me on board. Am making my way thorugh old posts to get to know you all and especially your little ones. They are all lovely without exception.
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down