For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge, more progress

+5
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
*Prince*
Ian B
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fudge, more progress - Page 5 Empty Re: Fudge, more progress

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm

aaww Bola the carer, they are such funny creatures but it's not know jsut what is wrong that is so frustrating. I reckon in time, she'll be fine, at least she stays close to home.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

True, she stays close to the house, except when she stays out at night, tho' it seems she's found somewhere warm and dry next door.

I know cats have a keen sense of smell, and even tho' the others don't seem to have noticed anything *different* inside, I'll give every surface that can be cleaned a extra good clean tomorrow, just in case.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 am

I brought her in late last night and put her in the box in my bedroom but she didn't stay there long before heading for the door Crying or Very sad I assumed she'd gone out but I later found her on the landing windowsill, somewhere she's not been for days now and even better, she purred like a madcat when I stroked her and kept pushing her head against my hand telling me where she wanted to be stroked Shocked Very Happy

She was still there when I went to bed, tho' soon came into my room and spent 10 minutes lay across my legs before jumping down and going into the box. She didn't stay there long either before jumping onto my pc desk.

There was no sign of her today when I got up so I assumed she'd gone out, but found her fast asleep on my bedroom windowsill when I opened the curtains. To see her using two old fav windowsills again was a relief and while not quite the cat equivalent of a Grand Tour, near enough for me Laughing

I gave every fabric surface up to the landing, and some that weren't, a good blast with Febreeze, almost a full bottle. I don't know if this helped but it was worth a try.

I'm wondering if getting a Feliway would help?

'EDIT 7.25am'

After having brekkie she vanished, I thought outside and as it's really persisting it down I went calling her but no sign. I found her curled up on the junk room windowsill, another old fav sleeping place, so that's three windowsills in under 12 hours Very Happy Fudge, more progress - Page 5 579159 All I need now is for her to come into the livingroom and start using the flap to come in again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:55 am

brilliant, looks like she's 99% of the wat there. feliway as mixed reactions from people who have used it, I found it didn't do much to make much of a difference, but my friend says it has helped her two rescue cats settle down, it's quite expensive, soo I would hold off from buying it seeing as she's almost back to normal.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

She's been outside all day again, tho' I brought her in 10 minutes ago but as soon as my back was turned she was out of the flap. She wasn't sat under the fir tree and as it was raining hard it was a near cert she's be under the porch over the front door.

She was, but as I walked up the side of my house she didn't hear me coming and I made her jump, enough for her to turn and hiss at me before she realised who was there Shocked She's never done that to me before and I reckon it's another sure sign that *something* has spooked her badly.

While she was under the tree Bola has been keeping her company again, he does sleep there from time to time but I never known him spend so much time there, let alone so close to her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh it's so frustrating when you know something has really upset her and not knowing what, just take it slow, I'm sure she'll come round, just hope it's sooner rather than later.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 pm

As long as she seems happy and healthy I'll just let things carry on as they are. She's never been a really social cat, certainly not with other cats since BT, but she did like to be near me when in the mood and even that seems to have gone for the time being.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:02 pm

she'll come back, sophie has abandoned my knee at night, she sits with steve now, but as you seen from the photos she's never far away. They can be very fickle as you know. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 pm

I've just brought her in and sat her down on the bed next to me while I'm online, and of course Bola had to follow in case he was missing out on something Rolling Eyes She went to sniff him, he turned round and she backed away Shocked the first time I've ever seen that happen.

I can understand the pecking order changing for some reason and her feeling put out, but I can't believe they've had a fight and she lost. Besides that, he's the least aggresive cat I've ever known, ok he likes to play rough, but I've only once seen him turn nasty with another cat and that was a stranger and many moons ago now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:38 am

I had to bring her in again last night and as she seems to have fallen out with the box in my bedroom (thanks Bola Rolling Eyes) I'd made a new spot for here, on top of a old sewing machine I'd been using as a speaker stand (don't ask Embarassed Laughing)

Just to make it comfy I rooted out a scruffy old pillow, but she never got a chance to even explore it before Max found it and decided it was for him Rolling Eyes Max woke me when he jumped down for a drink at silly o'clock and Fudge took her chance to try the pillow so Max had to settle for my bed again Laughing He was back on the pillow when I woke while she was on the windowsill, so they haven't decided who owns it yet.

Before I took her upstairs after bringing her in, I took her into the living room and sat on the sofa. She wasn't happy and I had to hold her for a few minutes. Eventually she relaxed, enough to purr like mad and do pushy paws just like the *old* Fudge, but I'd been sat awkwardly and when cramp forced me to get up, the new nervous Fudge returned confused

Here she is on the pllow atm

Fudge, more progress - Page 5 Fudge_13

I had to disturb her as I hadn't realised just how disgusting the pillow was Embarassed so put a clean slip over it. This pillow was used by BT when he came in soaked, that's why it's so dirty, and was just stuck in a wardrobe after he'd gone. Max is on my bed now, staring at Fudge and doing his best to will her off said pillow Laughing It must be comfy as for the past week or so she's usually headed outside by now, hopefully this spot will stick in her mind and she'll come in by herself to use it now.

'EDIT'

9.45 and she's still fast asleep on this pillow................and Max is still on my bed giving her dirty looks Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Laughing Max needs to know his place. She looks so tiny here and she's doing what my two do when they don't want to be disturbed, sitting with her back to us. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 am

She's very good at turning her back to the world Laughing

If she looks tiny that's because she is, she's only a wee little thing and this pic shows just how small.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:23 am

Just a handful of fluff. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I think I've found one of the places she goes to when she disappears from my garden, into next doors (Jimmy and Dexters) garden. It's pretty overgrown atm so there's lots of long grass for her to hide/sleep in and she seems to love it there.

She amazed me by actually playing with Bola as well, tho' she didn't know it. He was on one side of the fence, she on the other and there's a small gap under the wooden panels, he was pawing at her and she returned his paw swipes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:57 pm

haha wonder if she knew it was Bola, she would have been quite as happy to play. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:27 pm

I don't know how, but she's either lost a claw or it's almost off and is caught in her fur, there's a bit of blood but she refuses to let me have a proper look. Not that it's bothering her, it's a front paw and she's jumped down from a wheelie bin and landed full weight on both paws, and climbed up/down one of the fences in my garden without a hint of discomfort.

I'll try and get a better look when she comes in/I bring her in later tonight, but I'll be keeping an eye on it just in case. It's very, very doubtful, but I wonder if this is what's been bothering her recently?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 am

She stayed out all night again, tho' as she'd been in for a good few hours I didn't try to bring her in once she'd gone out. I found her sat on my neighbours shed roof today, I hope she wasn't there all night, but she soon came in for breakfast and even ate hers while Max and Buddy were having theirs (Bola demanded waiter service as he was comfy on the junk room windowsill)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 am

She still refuses to use the flap and no matter what the weathers like, isn't happy at being inside during the day. On the off chance my letting the flap get so dirty they can't see thro' it is putting her off coming in, I cleaned it earlier.

I let it get so dirty on purpose thinking if strangers can't see in it might stop them coming in, and barring the cat from across the road, it seemed to work.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:53 am

She came in by herself about 10pm last night, tho' I had to open the door and she took a bit of persuading, maybe because she was hungry. Anyway, in she came and sat in the kitchen while I got the food ready then I set off upstairs to my bedroom hoping she'd follow, but she only got as far as the chest freezer under the stairs and jumped onto that, her fav feeding station before all this started Very Happy

I left her to it and sat back down on the sofa then heard her jump down and fully expected her to go back out, but she came into the living room (she rarely came in here before so this was a Shocked) Watching her, it was as tho' she'd never set foot in there before, her eyes were everywhere but eventually she jumped onto the windowsill and curled up to sleep Very Happy

She jumped down just before midnight and even sat on my lap on the sofa, but then Dexter strolled in and climbed onto his fav spot besides us on the sofa. He didn't even glance at her but his presence was enough to make her jump down and go back out. That, and the fact that she's only relaxed enough to sleep behind drawn curtains is proof, maybe not stand-up-in-court-proof, but enough to convince me something has happened with the others that has scared her so much about coming in.

I left her outside for the night hoping she'd use the flap, which amazingly she did, but not until 5.20am today when she came up to my bedroom and *hid* behind the curtains. She's just had breakfast then wandered back downstairs, no doubt to go out, but it seems like we're slowly getting back to normal.

'EDIT 7.30am'

She's not gone out, I've just found her on the spare bedroom windowsill. In all the time she's been here, I could probably count the times she's been in there on the fingers of one hand Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

She didn't go out till after lunch, and for a cat who couldn't bear being in the house during the day and only for a few hours overnight, that's a massive change. She's been in, but not stayed beyond eating, twice since Very Happy

Conversley, Max has all but refused to come in so far today and barely ate when he did, and I've not seen Buddy since first thing this morning. Cat's, there's just no understanding them is there? confused Laughing

'EDIT'

Buddy has just come strolling in, yowling at me as tho' it's all my fault he's hungry Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Laughing @Bola, well he has to blame someone and you're so right about cats, maybe that's why we love them, just too unpredictable. Fudge, more progress - Page 5 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 am

I left her asleep on the spare bedroom windowsill when I went to bed, tho' I knew she'd trot into my room before long. She did, but found Max, and for the first time Buddy Shocked curled up asleep on my bed. I fully expected her to turn round and go back but up she jumped for the usual 10 minute head rub before sleeping on my bedroom windowsill. She could have stayed on my bed as both Max and Buddy soon moved back to their usual sleeping places.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:57 am

She didn't come up to my bedroom till 4.30am, tho' I've no idea how long she'd been in the house, then a quick squabble with Bola (she won) over the dry food and she'd gone again.

I expected to find her on a windowsill today, but no, she was curled up asleep on top of the microwave, which just happens to be Jimmy's fav spot atm and where I left him when I went to bed last night. I don't know if she *evicted* him, but if she did, she did it quietly Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:48 am

She probably just have to give him *that look* and he moved willingly. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 am

Teddy wrote:She probably just have to give him *that look* and he moved willingly. Laughing
Probably, tho' he never stays around long enough to actually see it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content