Burglar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Burglar

Post by Ian B on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

I'd left Buddy eating in the kitchen when I heard a right commotion with the flap confused I ignored it at first but after a minute or so I had to get up to check what was going on and when I got there I saw Donnas (?) kitten pawing madly at it. Thinking this would make a good pic I got my camera from the living room and got back just in time to take this Laughing (and yes, the door has been cleaned since the last pic Embarassed)

I managed to scare it away by shouting, then 10 minutes later a cat *shape* caught my eye dashing past the living room door. I thought it was stripey coming back in to his chair in the dining room so didn't bothered checking at first, but when I did I saw hiding under the table Shocked

I'm going to have to tell Donna/show her these pics, as well as keeping the flap locked during the day now, but it's a bad time of year with the worsening weather to do that imo.

Ian

Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Burglar

Post by Teddy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Oh look at it's face, it looks like it expects to be given a row. Laughing Gorgeous wee thing, is it neutered yet? seems very young to be out.

Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 pm

I wouldn't let a cat that age out unattended Kath, tho' I don't know how old it actually is, it's possible (just) that it's a small cat and looks young. It's plenty confident enough and seems pretty street wise, but even so.

I don't know about neutering tbh, I haven't got close enough to tell if it's a tom or not as it runs every time I get within a few feet outside. The only good thing is that it's so nervous of me, and hopefully everybody else as well.

I'm going to have to let Donna know it's started using the flap, it's one thing sitting in my garden watching my lot come and go as they please, another thing altogether if it thinks it can just follow them.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 am

Aww what a cheeky cute looking wee toot - but not good that its out if it is only so young.
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am

It's been in my garden since 7pm that I've seen, so it might well have been out earlier if not all night. I left Buddy having breakfast seconds in the kitchen and the plate was licked clean when I checked, but as he rarely does that it seems likely this kitten came in and finished what he'd left.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 am

If it's been out all night could well be him, he'll be starving. I'm saying he, could be a female and then if it's not neutered.............................

Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Teddy wrote:If it's been out all night could well be him, he'll be starving. I'm saying he, could be a female and then if it's not neutered.............................
Yeah, this has crossed my mind, especially when stripey tail took a lot of *interest* in this kitten, but Buddy's pretty much ignored it and neither he nor stripey are neutered,

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 am

Arrrh - sweet looking petrified thing. As you say though, you cannot always gauge the age of puddycats. We thought our Bonnie was a kitten when we first found her, she was small at the time and her short limbs and tail made her look not quite grown up. It turns out that she was about 5 or 6 or maybe even older.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Joanne,

Yeah, Fudge is the perfect example of that, I don't think she grew much, if any, after being around 9 months old and at 13/14yo is tiny compared to even most 1yo cats.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 am

This kitten is at the flap atm, pawing desperately to get in, but good old Max has done his party trick again and set it to exit only. Both he and Buddy are sat there watching the kitten and I swear I can see a smirk on their faces Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

The flap was left locked when I did my main shop, mainly because the cat from over the road was hanging about outside as well as the kitten.

The poor fella must be really miserable at home if he prefers running the gauntlet that is Max and Buddies reception when he calls here, but he's going to have to learn to go back home. I've decided to keep the set to flap exit only for a while, during the day anyway, but I'll need to open it fully at night for my lot to come and go.

Ian
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content