For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight loss

3 posters

Go down

Weight loss Empty Weight loss

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok, this is a bit embarrasing, but we haven't been picking up the cats as much over the past few months as we have our hands full with a human monkey. They are still getting love and attention just not big squeezy huggles constantly.... strangely they both appear alot happier with this set up and come to us when they want attention instead. Anyhoo, we picked Mads up and she has lost HUGE ammounts of weight, she now weighs less than Bramble, but with her fluffy fur and dangly belly it isn't apparent to look at her or even really when stroking her, her ribs and backbone aren't jutting out or anything, its just such a dramatic change! Now last time she had bloods done, she had a borderline thyroid problem but nothing that required meds so I'm wondering if this borderline problem is now full blown as she certainly hasn't been eating any less or if its just the diet food has finally worked and she's actually just a much healthier weight? They are both due their annual check up and boosters anyway so I'll ask the vet then, but any ideas in the meantime?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Weight loss Empty Re: Weight loss

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

It could be any number of things Helen, best be guided by the vet when they go.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:12 am

Vet visit just to be sure nothing is going on. Mads has been on her diet for months now, bit like Sophie so maybe it does take forever and a day for the miracle to work Wink I would think if it is her thyroid there would be other signs, dull coat, lethargic?
As for the not getting huggles, as much as Sophie loves sitting on my lap (like all the time) and she loves snuggles but she's not keen on being held, so unless we have to, we just don't. Mads and Boo could well be the same and now they may feel more secure as the humans aren't going to grab and slobber all over them. Just a thought. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down