For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from vets... not great...

2 posters

Go down

Back from vets... not great... Empty Back from vets... not great...

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Mads has a skin infection so they don't know the cause of the wound until the infection has cleared up. She's on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks but if there's no sign of improvement she has to go back to the vets Monday, otherwise they want to see her Friday.
Boo's leg was not bandaged at the time, nor did she recieve propholactic abx so with her using the litter tray, the bacteria has been sucked into the nail bed and gone crazy. When the vet popped her bed out, the pus just poured out so he had to clean it up. Bramble was crying during it and stopped struggling and was just frozen, shaking and crying. He's applied a honey dressing and a bandage (pink camoflage lol) and gave her a long lasting abx shot and she has to go back Monday. If its no better he'll have to amputate which will be painful for her, but quick (I'd rather she had a GA for it, screw the cost, but apparently its so quick its not worth it?!?) My Poor little cats! I feel so bad for them! Worse for Boo as it was my fault. Boo is still terrified and can't walk on her bandaged leg and is in so much pain, it is awful seeing her like this! Mads is just carrying on business as usual! x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Back from vets... not great... Empty Re: Back from vets... not great...

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 am

Bad enough Helen, but things could have a whole lot worse.

Best be guided by the vet about Boos infected claw, he's probably thinking she's wound up enough without the extra stress of *going under* to have it sorted.

Get better soon vibes heading their way.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm

I think the vibes helped! Mads' head has dried up over the weekend and Boo's paw now just needs to dry up so the bandage has came off. To try and prevent urther infection, I've replaced the trays, put litter liners in and tore up bags for litter so she doesnt get liiter bits in as per vets instruction. I'm thinkng about putting one of Lou's socks on her paw to keep it clean and dry... if it'll stay on lol!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 am

Are things still improving Helen, or better still, healed altogether now?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down