For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeline

4 posters

Go down

Madeline Empty Madeline

Post by Inga Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Some of you may have read that I got my girl Madeline at the humane society because I happened to walk into the euthanasia room when she was brought in to be put to sleep. I couldn't let it happen and took her home. I had her for about 10 years and she was about 4-5 when I got her. She was such an amazing cat that she turned a self proclaimed dog person into a dog/cat person. She helped me socialize many Rottweilers that I took in for rescue. She was over 20 pounds when I got her (obese) and in a few years she was a nice healthy 14 pound cat. She was playful but not annoying, talked but didn't drive a person crazy with it. She was affectionate but not needy and was the most courageous cat. She never hid when I had parties at the house or brought new dogs in. She was part of the family from the second she came home and is much loved and missed now. She had to be put to sleep due to Cancer but she is forever in my heart.

Madeline and her best friend Oliver (another rescue)
Madeline MadelineandOliver

A favorite resting spot. She made sleeping look like an artform
Madeline AA1

She had the most perfect markings and a lovely milk mustache. She looked to be wearing a tuxedo with the white chest and all 4 white paws with a little cream above and then black. All 4 the same. What more can I say??? I think she was perfect.
Madeline AA

Did I mention that me being a dog person brought her home from the pound, gave her a bath and then used the power dryer on her. She was awesome. When I was telling my other cat friends that I did that they all seemed shocked and said their cats would have bit or scratched them had they tried such a thing. Madeline was the most easy going cat ever and the sadest thing is that the reason her previous family brought her in was "they were having a baby and thought she might bite the baby" Madeline was awesome with kids.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Madeline Empty Re: Madeline

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Lovely pics of her Inga, and she sounds like a real star Very Happy Madeline 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Soooo sorry to hear of your loss Inga Crying or Very sad Madeline looked, and sounded, a real character.....a typical tortie Madeline 9650

It's amazing how, over the years, I have heard of so many dog people being converted to cats once they get to know them and/or have one move in Laughing

RIP Madeline ~ run free at Rainbow Bridge beautiful girl xxxxx
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Lovely pics Inga, she was so pretty.