For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat Allergies

2 posters

Go down

Cat Allergies Empty Cat Allergies

Post by maddymoo Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Anyone suffer from cat hair/dander allergies? I think I may be allergic to Bramble (doesn't help that she sometimes sleeps on my pillow! LOL), so just wondering what anyone else does? We've wiped them both down with anti-allergy wipes and I'm taking piriton daily, and we are going to blitz the house (as it does need a hoover! LOL). I've always suffered when the house needs sorting, but since we found Bramble its been getting worse and worse, and I'm really suffering. (Don't worry, I'm no way thinking of rehoming her, as that will never happen, I'd rather have my nose cut off! LOL)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Cat Allergies Empty Re: Cat Allergies

Post by pokbg Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm allergic to cats... but it isn't really that much of an issue unless they want a grand old snuggle (like BG has just had with me... rubbing her little face all over mine whilst drooling and doing pushy paws), and then I'll get itchy eyes... then runny eyes, and also occasionally sneezing.

I seem to get semi-immune to cats I interact with frequently. I will only react to BG and Pok is they've been in my face, or when brushing Pok (and Pok wants brushings several times a day!). Otherwise it's never a problem, normal cuddles are fine, and so's playing.

I do however react to other cats... but again, it depends on the cat on how bad I get. My aunt once had a cat that made my whole face all red and the tears rolled non-stop... still didn't stop me from having cuddles! lol!

Some people say that bathing cats help (yeah... best of luck on that one! ROFL!), some use the vipes, etc... but I think unless you got something against medication (some people do) is to take allergy tablets! I used to have some years ago, which I actually got due to me being lactose intolerant, and they also worked for cat allergies. Trip to the doc, nice perscription, and off you go!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm

MMmmmm nice prescription would be good. Wierd thing is, my eye's are fine, its my nose and sinusis and back of throat. Think I'll give bathing them a miss tho! LOL, Mads, not so bad as although we get lacerated quite badly, she is fine afterwards. For Bramble its too much for her, she's still so jumpy and it would take a while to get her feeling safe again, so just not worth it. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down