For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Percy

+2
Laura
Teddy
6 posters

Go down

Percy Empty Percy

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Laura did Percy come home last night??
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Percy Empty Re: Percy

Post by Laura Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:54 pm

He did, thanks Kath. And I've let him out now. He's having a whale of a time and actually seems more relaxed for it.

Often in the evening he'll come and go from the garden to the living room mewing his head off. I sensed he was bored so tested the waters by letting him out a bit each day. He sleeps in all day and then early evening I let him out (we have a gate that divides our house and next doors so I open that slightly). He hasn't had his tea yet so hopefully he'll be back for that. I then shut the gate about 11pm so he's in for the night.

It all *seems* to be going to plan. Fingers crossed it stays that way and I have a very happy Percy Very Happy
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:04 pm

They do get into routine, I don't let my two out at night, but they get wise. Often Moto will come in at teatime, gobble down his food then disappear, when we go and call them in Sophie comes running up the drive, Moto sits under the van and refuses to move. He does eventually come in but that's usually cos he's hungry again. Don't be worried if Percy does the same thing, if he's hungry he'll come back soon enough. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Cheeky monkeys aren't they! I'll try and be one step ahead of Percy (which isn't hard, he isn't the smartest) because he's bound to be just like Moto.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi Laura,

Glad to hear Percy is enjoying his freedom Very Happy

I never thought Bola wandered far prior to him losing his collar a few weeks ago, but it was found further away than I expected. On the other hand, Fudge seldom goes much further than my garden, the only exception being when she's chasing Jimmy, so hopefully Percy will be the same as her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Percy 72767 Aye Moto isn't the smartest either but they're not that daft when they want their own way. Oh I bet he's loving it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Ian B wrote:Hi Laura,

Glad to hear Percy is enjoying his freedom Very Happy

I never thought Bola wandered far prior to him losing his collar a few weeks ago, but it was found further away than I expected. On the other hand, Fudge seldom goes much further than my garden, the only exception being when she's chasing Jimmy, so hopefully Percy will be the same as her.

Ian

I'm trying not to think about how far he's going, especially with the dreaded main road out front. Another of my concerns is he's very bold and isn't afraid to stroll in to neighbour's houses, but hopefully as the weather is colder my neighbours are less lightly to have their back doors open.

I just hope cats are able to learn road sense when they are a bit older. Percy is two now so hopefully he might be young enough to learn but old enough to have some sense!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 pm

LMAO at both Laura and Kath's comments about Percy and Moto "not being the smartest"! Prince is right up there with them. Beautiful boys, but not the brightest........ Percy 72767
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Classic example. I cook Percy a bit fish in the evening (microwave, no effort required) and I put it on the bathroom window sill (which is downstairs). Percy sits outside the bathroom door meowing his head off, desperate to get to his fish. Now, Percy climbs through the bathroom window all the time so if his brain had the power it would tell him to go out the catflap and around to his bowl of fish on the windowsill. But does he ever twig? Does he hell!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:12 pm

ROFL! Awwww bless him! Big dumb boy! Maybe he's afraid that if he leaves the door, you'll move it! LOL! Yep, there's some cats that are way too clever, and some that, its a good job they're house pets or natural selection would have done away them! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:02 am

LMAO at Percy. Oh bless his big dumb head. Percy 72767

Princey sits on the living room window sill (outside) and miaows at us to let him in, so we go to the front door, which is right beside the window sill and open it and say come on in wee boy, and he sits and proceeds to look through the window to be let in............... WTF is that about? It appears to take him a while to catch on! Oh I love my big daft country bumpkin boy!
He does many many stoopid things!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm glad to hear the handsom boy is enjoying his freedom, but not so happy he's causing his mummy to worry...

I was so worried about Pok the other day at the house... he'd been gone for hours, and I know he'd been very scared that day (plumber making noise, Pok doesn't like noise)... and I was calling him for yonks at the door step (whilst thinking where to stick up the lost posters in my head)... and then I head a "ca-dunk" from upstairs... and he'd been hiding in our bed the whole time! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 pm

pokbg wrote:I'm glad to hear the handsom boy is enjoying his freedom, but not so happy he's causing his mummy to worry...

I was so worried about Pok the other day at the house... he'd been gone for hours, and I know he'd been very scared that day (plumber making noise, Pok doesn't like noise)... and I was calling him for yonks at the door step (whilst thinking where to stick up the lost posters in my head)... and then I head a "ca-dunk" from upstairs... and he'd been hiding in our bed the whole time! lol!

Percy 72767 Percy 72767 Percy 72767 oh bless him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down