For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

William is missing

5 posters

Go down

William is missing Empty William is missing

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:30 am

Hi All,

I don't mean *missing* missing, but I don't think I've seen him for more than an hour in total in the past week, he calls for food, but barely touches it before wandering off again. When the weather is dry I can usually find him asleep under the hedge in my front garden when he's not in the house, but he's not been there, and as it's been pretty wet (again) here lately, I don't know where he goes. He's always dry when he calls, so he's found shelter somewhere, hopefully back at his real home.

He's even started flinching when I go to stroke him, and last night really complained when I picked him up and took him into the living room. I'd taken his food there, hoping he'd eat then sleep on a chair, but he barely took a nibble and was out and thro' the flap almost straight away. He's not bothered about GT being here, they barely even glance at each other, but something has upset him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

William is missing Empty Re: William is missing

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:42 am

Oh poor William. I wonder what has got him so out of sorts. Hope he settles back into his normal routine soon Ian, it is such a worry. Sometimes the dynamics in your household must just upset one or the other from time to time, without you knowing it!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Prince,

It was only 10 or so days back he'd be asleep for hours on end here, all day if I'd let him, but something has *changed* here and I've no idea what.

More worrying is his loss of weight, tho' this isn't just a recent thing, it's been gradual, and while he isn't underweight (yet) he soon will be if this carries on. I know he must go elsewhere (his real home?) as I sometimes didn't see him at all for a couple of days, but he's always found his way back here.

I've tried feeding him in another room in case it's the black tom who sneaks into the kitchen to steal food and sprays who's upsetting him, but still no good.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 am

Maybe he's just *moved on* but calls back to see everything is still there incase he needs to make a comeback, there's just no telling with cats. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 am

Teddy wrote:Maybe he's just *moved on* but calls back to see everything is still there incase he needs to make a comeback, there's just no telling with cats. Rolling Eyes
Could well be Kath, he wasn't a stray as such when he first started visiting me, but he'd get food and shelter wherever he could. I'm 99.9% sure his real home is where the spraying/thieving black tom who calls here lives, and if William isn't keen on going back there, maybe this toms scent is putting William off visiting me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 pm

AWwwwww, poor William. I hope whatever it is, settles down for him soon. You never know tho, in a few more days he could be firmly back asleep at yours.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:21 pm

He's in my bedroom atm, filling his face on Bolas midnight snack bowl Very Happy...............no, he's just left again............I'd love to know what's bothering him confused He even came into the living room earlier after eating a treat in the kitchen, jumped up onto the sofa, turned round a few times and was gone.

This behaviour is bizarre, even for a cat Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Poor William... he sounds a bit confused.... but more worrying so is his weightloss. Hopefully it's no underlaying cause, but maybe that he wanders more now (the difference in Pok is amazing after he's been allowed out at the house... he still eats the same amount, but he's now back to being trim and sleek).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 pm

He's called three times today for food, tho' only after I've found him sat outside and not stopped long after eating. He *seems* fine healthwise, at least as far as I can tell, there's little wrong with his appetite anyway.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 am

I woke up today, I'd slept corner to corner which is unusual and William was curled up fast asleep in the centre of my bed so at least he's back. He was up not long after me and went straight out without asking for breakfast tho'.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm

LOL! Oh its true, leave a gap and its filled by a cat! I'm glad William was back this morning, as for breakfast, maybe he's not into crunchy oat cerial! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:21 pm

maddymoo wrote:as for breakfast, maybe he's not into crunchy oat cerial! LOL
ROFL!

Nice to know the handsome boy has spent the night again... give him a gentle stroke from me if he pops by later to say hi again.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content