For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble ahead............

4 posters

Go down

Trouble ahead............ Empty Trouble ahead............

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 am

Hi All,

I was sat there watching the football last night when something caught my eye, it was the black tom who sprays in the kitchen, he was sat there in the living room as bold as brass. I expected him to bolt for the flap when he saw me, but no, he just ambled off. I've suspected he must go further than the kitchen hunting for food when I'm not in the house, now I *know* he does and I doubt this was the first time.

I can clean up his mess in the kitchen easily enough, but if he starts spraying against the chairs/sofa, or even goes upstairs, that's a different matter Evil or Very Mad Rather than lock the flap when I went to bed I put the milk bottle holder (yes, now my regular milkie is back I'm having it delivered again) directly in front of the flap in the hope that it will deter him coming in, but not stop my lot going out. It worked last night, but even if he did try it won't be long before he works out he can get in, so I may end up having to lock the flap after all.

'EDIT'

He was scrounging round the garden as I opened the door ready to take the wheelie bin out just now. I told Bola to earn his keep and to go and chase him off, he did............................did nothing of the kind that is, he followed me with the wheelie bin instead Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Trouble ahead............ Empty Re: Trouble ahead............

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 pm

ROFL, oh Bola has a mind of his own then, well actually we all know that don't we. Laughing I think you may need your jug of ice cold water where the black stray is concerned.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Ian B wrote:I told Bola to earn his keep and to go and chase him off, he did............................did nothing of the kind that is, he followed me with the wheelie bin instead Laughing
ROFL! Oh Bola knows you'll give him his goodies, whther he works for them or not! lol!

Hopefully the black tom won't start to think he can venture into the house... considering he spays (a visitor that doesn't casue havoc is always nice... one that does on the other hand...)... you'll have to ship Fudge on him! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh dear... no, spraying in living room would not be good! Yep, I agree, the ice cold water, may have to come out!, keep a water pistol full and to hand!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:20 pm

The black tom has been in and out all day, but for once hasn't sprayed in the kitchen Very Happy Fudge and Ginger Tom couldn't care less about him hanging around/coming in (I'm disappointed with Fudge tbh) but neither Bola or Dexter like him one bit and *usually* stalk him in the garden, with Bola often trying to start a fight.

I *know* this tom has a home a few doors away, I think the same house as William, and he's certainly not underfed, but as they are normally out all day, that means he is as well so he's probably just seeing all the cats that come in here and thinks he can just do the same.

As for the cup of cold water, I'n beginning to think he's had this treatment before and got wise to it as he's always managed to get out of the way when I've chucked mine.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Excellent news that there's been no spraying, considering he's been in and out all day... especially since he's learnt how the water trick works... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:20 pm

pokbg wrote:Excellent news that there's been no spraying, considering he's been in and out all day... especially since he's learnt how the water trick works... lol!
I've got another trick up my sleeve, tho' it's perhaps best if I don't post details here Wink Perhaps a tad unkind from a cat person, tho' nothing harmful, but if he goes for it, it's almost certain it'll put him off pinching food here for a while.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down