For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Boy

+2
Teddy
littlekitty
6 posters

Go down

Bad Boy Empty Bad Boy

Post by littlekitty Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Buddy is in my bad books at the moment. He came in this morning and both cats had breakfast as usual, then after about 30 minutes they seemed to be playing chase up and down the stairs. But I soon realised that Buddy was doing the chasing all the time instead of taking turns. Mary jumped on the bed and settled down, only for Buddy to jump up and he started to batter her and she started to squeal. He's getting really aggresive with her now, even though they both eat together. I shouted at him to get off her and he did eventually settle down. Maybe there is a cat on call somewhere and he's taking it out on Mary. This is the first time he has made her squeal, he has been "bullying" her for a few days now. I'm wondering if it is worth putting the two together in the same pen at the cattery, he might take his aggression out on her.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Boy Empty Re: Bad Boy

Post by Teddy Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:58 pm

This is a difficult one Lynn, Moto has been the same with Sophie today. She came and lay down on the bed beside me this morning and he came over and started grooming her but I noticed he was actually quite rough, then he sprung on her and made her squeal, she is a squealer but lately he seems much more aggressive towards her, yet he'll run a mile if Teddy does the same to him. I hate it when they do this, I've no answer sorry, I just hope it will all pan out, but I can't think why he's started being aggressive towards her no, when we've had Teddy 7 months so I don't really want to blame that. Who knows, they can be so confusing at times.
Maybe if you put them into two seperate pens but beside one another, that way, you will feel better, they can't fight but they will still be able to smell one another and know they're near.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Pok can be very agressive towards BG... at times he will torment her beyond belief... with me and my partner rushing about after him, trying to get him to stop... for him to sneak back two seconds later and attack BG (to the point where she hisses, growls and sreams her head off).

In January we had to put them in a cattery... and I was more then worried about how it would go with the two of them in the same pen... but the staff there was very nice, and assured us that if there was any problems then they would seperate them.

There wasn't any problems at all. Pok probably calmed down as it was new surroundings...

We are putting them in the same pen again now in May. Hopefulyl things will go ok this time too, but if it doesn't then I know that they will be seperated. I really want them to be together, as I think BG would be very upset i she was seperated from Pok (heaven knows why, considering how Pok treats her! lol!).

Best of luck with your two little ones! Hopefully Buddy was just having an off-day... and not an off-year like Pok! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Max and Billy can't get a bit OTT when their playing and you hear one of the crying. But its usually both and they trying to bully each other.
They eat together and sleep together so its quite wierd. lol
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Has Buddy been done Lynn??

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:27 pm

nicola wrote:Has Buddy been done Lynn??

Yes he has been done Nicola. Bad Boy 43453 He was about seven months old when he had his op, so I don't think that is the problem. Mary got her revenge this morning, Budster went upstairs and Mary swiped him on the nose as he went past. Bad Boy 72767
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 pm

lol! Good on Xena... eh... Mary the Warrior Princess I mean! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Would it be any good for you to feed Mary first? that way enforcing Mary as top of the peking order i.e top cat??

Other than that i don't really know what else to say sorry but anyway it dose sound like Mary had her own back on poor Buddy, lol.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:56 pm

LOL! Oh cats eh? I guess they can get irratated by their brothers/sisters in the same way humans can? The way I see it, if they really wanted to cause damage to each other, they would, so whilst they can get aggressive and bully each other, I think it can often look worse to us. Saying that, I run to the 'rescue' whenever Mads starts 'back kicking' Bramble, or the other way round! lol, they're our babies and we want to protect them (even from each other! lol)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down