For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am so sorry.......

+5
nicola
Megsy
Ian B
maddymoo
Teddy
9 posters

Go down

I am so sorry....... Empty I am so sorry.......

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:41 pm

but I had to take the decision to put Fin to sleep this morning. her rectum was hanging out again and was really purple, we took her to the vets and after a long discussion I decide it was best to put her to sleep. he reckened she had nerve damage because she should have felt him replacing her rectum and she didn't.
I feel so so bad, she was so loving and gentle and look what has happened. I stayed with her throughout though, I couldn't leave her alone. Poor Steve had to stay outside though, he couldn't do it. But it was so gentle and quick, she did squeak a wee bit but that was all. Am heartbroken now, so I'll just leave it there.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

I am so sorry....... Empty Re: I am so sorry.......

Post by maddymoo Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm so sorry Kath. I know how heartbroken you'll be. You gave her love, warmth and the chance she wouldn't have had otherwise. I know we were all really gunning for for this little one to make it through but at the end of the day, that wasn't on her cards and in making the decision to have her PTS you have gave her a dignified peaceful ending and it was the kindest thing to do. I am so proud of you for staying with her as that would have been gut wrenching. Big hugs to you special lady ((((((hugs)))))))

RIP little Finn, chase those butterflies, run and play with our other babies. xxx
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 pm

So, so, very sorry to hear this Kath, but it hasn't come as a surprise, the odds were always against her pulling thro'.

I know it's no consolation to you, but just remember her final days were spent with people who cared enough to try and help her, and how much she would likely have suffered if you/Steve and the foks at CP hadn't stepped in to make sure she had that care. Her bowel/rectum could easily have become strangulated if she'd been allowed to carry on roaming free and that would have meant a slow and painful death, this way it was quick and clean, and she had a friend with her right to the end.

RIP Fin, she tried but it just wasn't to be Crying or Very sad

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm so sorry. RIP little one.
Megsy
Megsy

Number of posts : 35
Cat(s): : TC and Tito
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Thank you all, you know Ian I did kind of know that the odds on weren't great, and the vet said today that he had psyched himself up to put her to sleep last Monday but when the other vet took over, he just left it. But he said if we were to keep her we would need to put her bowel back in for her. Well I could have done that, and if we didn't have our two I MAY have considered it, but can you imagine how it would have been in the summer, not a nice thought. If she was outside and did the loo the flies would never have left her and then there would have been the chance of maggots, the poor thing didn't need that. So it was the right thing to do, if she had appeared ill and distressed it would have been so much easier, but she never did. Then I think, she didn't play and she didn't move much the only time she really moved was when I took in her food, so how comfortable was she? but she did really love getting her ears tickled, she would have sat there all day getting that done. LOL Well it's done now and we did give her a chance but I just wish there could have been more for her. Life is a bitch at times.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Kath i'm so so sorry mate,
You give her so much love at a time where she really needed it, she went to the bridge knowing that she was loved and that there are people in this world who are so very kind.

I'm sure if she could talk she would've wanted to say a very big thank you to you and Steve but she can't so i will say it for her,
Thank you so much kath for helping this little one and showing her so much love, you really are a special person and all of us on here are honoured and proud to know you.

Big hugs to you and Steve xxxx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:59 pm

I know I don't have to say this Kath, but don't beat yourself up over making this decision. We all hoped she'd pull thro', but you saw and dealt with her so knew how bad things really were, but still gave her another chance.

It's to be hoped the vet was right in saying she had nerve damage, that way there would have been little or no pain at all, but she must still have felt ill in some way. Even tho' this has a sad ending, it would have been a whole lot worse for her without yours and Steves help in the short time she was with you, any suffering she did stopped the moment she came thro' your door.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:30 pm

I suppose I should think that for at least a few days her life was warm and safe. Wouldn't you just love to know what happened to her though, but like Sam, we had to take the vets word on what was wrong, just like Beckett as well, but even now I wonder just what was wrong really. That's the trouble with me, I like to know, not just guess. But at times that's not possible.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Maybe it's better not knowing Kath. If she had been hit by a car, that would have been bad enough, but to know this problem wasn't *accidental* would have made things far, far worse.

She felt warm and safe, she showed that by rubbing up against you and purring, tho' especially by loving having her ears rubbed. It'd probably been some time since anybody had done that to her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:26 pm

It could also be she loved that because her ears were so itchy and it was a relief. Smile
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Teddy wrote:It could also be she loved that because her ears were so itchy and it was a relief. Smile

Awwww bless her. x

Aye, life is a bitch at times, you'll drive yourself insane looking for answers Kath, sometimes there are no answers and it is just all unfair. You made the right decision for her and it won't help to dwell on it. We're all here for you if you want to scream. Have a quiet night to yourselves. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:21 pm

I am heartbroken for you and Fin Kath. I am so sorry, I have just seen this as havent been on the forum since Saturday.
RIP wee tooty Fin, and remember Kath, that the time she had with you was quality time, with love, cuddles and food aplenty.
xxx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Thanks Nicki, oh definately food aplenty. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 am

Oh Kath.... (((((hugs))))) big hugs to you and Steve! Blessed little Fin... you tried so hard to help her... but it wasn't to be... I'm so proud of you for staying with her in the end, and the choice must have been so hard... but you made the right one. We all know how much she meant to you, and we also knew that when the time came you would have to make the choice.

Sweet dreams beautiful little Fin - you were so amazing, and you made us all cheer for you, and we all marvelled in your beauty and determination... now you're free from all the bad stuff life here had to offer you, and you were wrapped in warmth and kindness with Kath... so even though it was short and many things may have been painful, you were blessed to have Kath and Steve in the end!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Oh god this just makes me cry, thank you Pokbg and everyone else. xx
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Aww Kath, I'm so so sorry to hear about Fin. It was a hard thing to decide, but you did what you could for her and I'm sure that she felt loved in the short time that you had her. We all know how much she meant to you, and we were all behind you willing her to make it, but sadly she didn't.
R.I.P Fin. You were a beautiful brave girl who loved life, but your pain is now over and you can run free and play in Rainbow Bridge.
*hugs* to Kath
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Thank you Lynn, well as you know it's never an easy decision, but we can't be selfish can we, I had to let her go.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:02 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Fin, Kath.

What a horrendous decision to have to make, I really feel for you. Sadly she wouldn't have had a happy life with a rectum problem like that.The thought of being plagued by maggots is horrible, poor mite. You and Steve did all you could to help and I'm sure she appreciated your love.

Hope you feel better soon xx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Laura wrote:I'm so sorry to hear about Fin, Kath.

What a horrendous decision to have to make, I really feel for you. Sadly she wouldn't have had a happy life with a rectum problem like that.The thought of being plagued by maggots is horrible, poor mite. You and Steve did all you could to help and I'm sure she appreciated your love.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you laura, I feel more accepting of it now, just seems so unfair to a little cat that didn't have a bad bone in her.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum