For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At last, the cat tree has been used..........

5 posters

Go down

At last, the cat tree has been used.......... Empty At last, the cat tree has been used..........

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:00 pm

......but not by any of my lot.

After having it for......it must be a year now, only Beckett and Bola went near it, and that was only because it was a shortcut to the windowsill, a waste of money tbh.

Anyhow, I'd left Jimmy asleep in the living room earlier while I nipped into the kitchen, heard some almighty scratching and thinking it was Jimmy ripping into a chair, I dashed back. There he was, having the time of his life tearing into the scratchpost sections and playing with the dangling toy, that in itself was nice to see as I'm pretty sure they have cat trees next door, but soon after Dexter wandered in and joined in the fun Laughing Shocked

I just wish I could get Bola, William, and most definitely Max from next door to use it, my carpets would be a whole lot healthier looking.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

At last, the cat tree has been used.......... Empty Re: At last, the cat tree has been used..........

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:03 pm

Well maybe if they see the others use, they will get the hint, and start playing with it too. Wishful thing but you never know.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

At last, the cat tree has been used.......... Empty Re: At last, the cat tree has been used..........

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Brilliant! That must have been ace to see. Like kath said, you never know, now your lot have seen those two play with it, they'll no doubt want to get involved and take over (like they all do with each others food).
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:11 pm

LOL! Thats ace! LOL! Am loving the optimism, mine seem to like carpets too grrr
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Yay! Grrr... just "love" it when you buy something for them and they refuse to use it... so yay even though it was Jimmy and Dexter and none of your lot!!! Here's hoping the rest will take a hint now.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:04 am

Jimmy makes a beeline straight for the scratchpost when he comes in now, has a good claw sharpening session, then goes for a quick nap.............I just hope Bola and Dexter have been watching Laughing (GT was last night and he found it fascinating)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Laughing Oh I love it.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Here's hoping the others take notes... lol! My bet is GT will give it a go next!

Was thinking of your cat-tree last night... as Pok used his hut again (wow - second time in months... lol!).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Jimmy is using it more and more now, and watching him is a hell of a lot more entertaining than tv (tho' that isn't hard is it?) It's not a big tree by any means, but the way he throws himself about on it has me in fits Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 am

Ian B wrote:watching him is a hell of a lot more entertaining than tv (tho' that isn't hard is it?)
ROFL! Ship him and the tree up here for the evenings... all I find is dissappointment on the telly... lol! Even though I shouldn't complain... Wallander was on yesterday... not as good as the books, but it was still worth watching.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:24 pm

And a couple of pics of Jimmy in action on the tree

At last, the cat tree has been used.......... Jimmy_10

At last, the cat tree has been used.......... Jimmy_11

They don't even begin to capture all the leaping about he does on it, I would have filmed a short clip if only my camera wasn't so temperamental and fussy about the amount of light it needs for filming.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 am

ROFL! Oh what a cutie!!! lol! You can really see how playful he's being... oh I love it when they get into those moods... so cute!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 am

pokbg wrote:ROFL! Oh what a cutie!!! lol! You can really see how playful he's being... oh I love it when they get into those moods... so cute!
Hi pokbg,

The first thing he does when he comes in now is have a good thrash about on the tree, it's odd as it used to be next to the gas fire and he ignored it there, but since it was moved under the windowsill he can't resist playing on it.

It's a miracle he hasn't choked tbh, as oten as not when he throws himself about he ends up with his head stuck between the top platform and the bookcase, cue even more mad thrashing about as he struggles to get free Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down