For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aggression

3 posters

Go down

Aggression Empty Aggression

Post by littlekitty Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Last night both Buddy and Mary sat staring, I couldn't see anything, at nothing at the top of the stairs. They seemed really spooked. This morning I pulled the duvet back, as always, to let Mary lie beside me. As she did I started to stroke her, this is when she started to get aggressive towards me, every time I tried to touch her she would try to scratch me, and her eyes were really big, so I tried to stroke her again, without looking at her and again she tried to attack me. I told her No naughty and pointed my finger at her, which she understands is wrong, but she then tried to scratch my finger. After telling her again No naughty, she jumped of the bed and sat by the bedroom door, until I got up and went to feed her and she rubbed against my heels and wanted me to stroke her. I don't understand why she was so aggressive like that, she has got a temper last time I saw her like this was after we first got her over a year ago.
Then Buddy came in wide eyed and bushy tailed, so not sure what's going on with these two at the moment.
I know it sounds stupid but I think that they saw Smokie last night, as I've heard, a few times when my two have been out, a cat's bell jingling and my two don't have bell's on their collars, and once I saw a cat's tail in the kitchen and went to see if it was Mary wanting fed but there was no cat there.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Aggression Empty Re: Aggression

Post by maddymoo Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Could well be Smokie, even a ghost cat, is still a cat on their territory! LOL! Oh its nice that he still visits to check on you.

Or it could just be that Mary was being a little madam! Mads sometimes gets like that too, when she wants to be close, but dare touch her and you'll know about it! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm

It does sound like somethings spooked her, for her behavior to change like that.

And yes, I do believe a feline visitor from the past can do that... it's lovely to think that Smokie is still popping by to say hello, and I really hope that that's not what's unnerving Mary.

I actually dreamt of Mary last night! Me and my partner were staying at hotel in the tiniest little village I'd ever seen... and by a road crossing I spotted a kitty sleeping. I went over to see if everything was alright. It was Mary, and she had 6 tiny little newborn kittens (some of them weren't even dry)... and the rest of the dream consited of me trying to get a box, blankies, and at the same time having my partner stop all cars (not that there were any... lol!) to bring her and the kittens with us.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 pm

pokbg wrote:

I actually dreamt of Mary last night! Me and my partner were staying at hotel in the tiniest little village I'd ever seen... and by a road crossing I spotted a kitty sleeping. I went over to see if everything was alright. It was Mary, and she had 6 tiny little newborn kittens (some of them weren't even dry)... and the rest of the dream consited of me trying to get a box, blankies, and at the same time having my partner stop all cars (not that there were any... lol!) to bring her and the kittens with us.

Now that is really spooky. Mary had a litter of six kittens before I rehomed her, and another set before that. Don't know much about her background except that she was rescued from a house over run with cats.
Both kits seem more relaxed today, so what ever scared them has now passed. I'm going to get a feliway diffuser to help them stay calm.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content