For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor mousey

4 posters

Go down

Poor mousey Empty Poor mousey

Post by Laura Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Yep, Percy brought in his first mouse today. We'd just got back from a lovely day in Bristol and Percy flew through the cat flap and dropped the mouse in the corner of the living room. Simon yelled for help and I grabbed Percy and put him outside. We then noticed blood and bits in the corner so he'd obviously had a bit of a go. Poor mousey Crying or Very sad . I couldn't even go in the living room, I just stood in the kitchen crying Embarassed Simon opened the front door (which is also in our living room) and started movig things around to find him but the mouse had disappeared. After a while of looking (and me still sobbing in the kitchen!) we brought Percy back in who was going ballistic at the cat flap to see if he could suss the mouse out but he didn't seem interested. So we assumed the mouse had dashed out of the front door. Simon then asked me to clear up the blood and mess and I literally had a panic attack trying to do so, I never thought I'd react like that Embarassed

What worries us now is that Percy has got a taste for it, and what with having a cat flap we don't have much control over what he brings in.

RIP poor mouse, where ever you are Poor mousey 761211
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Poor mousey Empty Re: Poor mousey

Post by Teddy Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Oh Laura it's not something you get used to but it is somwething you have to accept. It's what cats do, Sophie came dashing through the cat flap last night with a sparrow in her mouth, ran round the coffee table (Steve was chasing her) dashed through to the kitchen and back out the cat flap. It was funny, sad for the poor birdie but she is so cheeky, we had to laugh.

Percy will probably do it again, so do what we do, when we go out we shut our livingroom door, so the only place she can get into is the kitchen, at least this way you will know where the wee beastie is.

Forgot to say Laura, it doesn't seem to make any difference how much I feed her either, I think some cats have more a killer instinct than others. Hopefully, Percy won't do it again. x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Awww Laura, what a shame, but as Kath says, its just what they do, not a nice thing to see tho. ((hugs))
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Now the chery tree in my garden has started to flower there's a bit of cover and Bola has spent most of the day so far just lay underneath waiting for birds to land on a branch.............it's only a matter of time before he catches one, tho' he's yet to bring me a *present*

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Well the was found earlier under a bookshelf. Percy had spent a bit of time next to it this morning and I got suspicious so Simon moved it back, and yep, there he was, dead sadly.

One of my neighbours called around this morning to say she had seen Percy crossing the main road outside our house several times. And this morning she caught him sitting and cleaning himself right in the middle! This was the very road I enclosed my garden for. She said she wanted to warn me as her cat had died on the road. It was kind of her to tell me but I'm not sure what to do with that information. There's no way I can enclose him again as he's so happy outdoors. I guess I just have to accept that it might happen.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Laura,

Beckett used to have the occasional bout of just sitting down in the middle of the road, or even worse, resting under parked cars, usually close to the tyres as well. It used to scare the bejazus out of me, but as I'd encouraged him to be a outdoor cat I had no choice but to trust his common sense in keeping himself out of harms way.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Laura I know just how you feel, our main road is right outside our house and although we stay in a village, it's a busy bus route. Last week while waiting for the bus, both Moto and Sophie ran back and fore twice, my heart was in my mouth, like you, it's something I will just have to accept, but I think about it all the time. x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:21 pm

About an hour ago Dexter came hurtling thro' the flap with what looked like a thrush in his mouth, he dashed upstairs and back down again, mainly because Bola was hot on his tail and wanted a share.............it's bad enough when your own cats bring their catches home, but when next doors do it as well Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

The bird looked dead so I didn't bother trying to take it off Dexter at first, but when he jumped over the fence into his own garden, again closely followed by Bola, he had to let go to try and warn Bola off. It wasn't dead, but was badly shook up and could fly after a fashion, but not fast enough to stop Dexter batting it down to the floor again. A couple more birds appeared then and started dive bombing Dexter, and they scared him into yet another garden, still with his catch, then a few seconds later I heard a right commotion and he reappeared minus his catch. I'd like to think it had got away, but I doubt it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content