For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boo's Bum!

5 posters

Go down

Boo's Bum! Empty Boo's Bum!

Post by maddymoo Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:14 pm

We thought her poo problem was getting better since we'd taken wet food from her diet and have just been giving her James beloved (recommended for sensitive tummies form our vet), but she walked past us before with poo all down her side and back of legs and I had to wash our bedsheets yesterday as during the night she'd been to the toilet and got poo all over them *sighs*. Our carpet is minging with poo stains and when I do a big clean (which to be honest is about once a fortnight lol) I have to clean dried on poo off chair legs and doors, walls, etc. I know I keep going on about the same thing, but just need to moan! We love our little Boo, but there can't be many willing to put up with this! I want to trim her breeches but my partner disagrees as it would freak her out too much. Dirty, dirty Boo! LOL! I'm not asking what to do or anything, am just having a bit of a frustrated rant that the dried food only hasn't sorted her problem (although I should be relieved that it is a bit better). I do think part of it could be nerves with her as she had a fright the other day that set her back (my fault, I'm a bad mum, but feel bad enough about that), and then a few days later she's getting covered again.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Boo's Bum! Empty Re: Boo's Bum!

Post by Ian B Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 pm

I'd give serious thought to shaving/trimming her breeches, either DIY or let the vet do it as it's not good for either of you for this to continue, especially now the weather is getting warmer.

Fudge had a spell of doing something similar, her bowels are dodgy at the best of times, and I ended up trimming her fur back to try and prevent some very nasty matts. I can't say it was 100% successful, but it was a big improvement and thankfully she hasn't done it since. Funnily enough, her bowels are better now she's eating more wet food, she still prefers to eat more dry than wet.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Aye thanks Ian, I'll give it go when she's calmer, as I'm off work for a while I can wait until she's less jumpy again. If I can get her comfortable enough to fall asleep on me when I've got some scissors nearby, that would be my best bet (sorry about the soon to be chilly bum Boo! lol).
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:48 am

(((((hugs))))) Sending you lots of hugs It must be so frustrating, both for you guys and for the little Boo.

BGs tummy also reacts to stuff. She's fine with all dry, but the only wet she can now eat is Tescos own brand pouches. For some reason this seems to go well with her slightly dodgy tummy (luckily no where near what the poor Boo has).

Trimming breeches might help with the mess, but wontbe of much help with the dodgy tum... I know it might involve much more mess then what you are havign at the moment... but only temp... but have you tried to restrict her diet to other brands then the James Beloved? It could be worth a shot... like 3 days of Ollie, three days of Whiskas, three days of Friskies, etc? There might be days where you'll have a poo vulcano on your hands, but it could be that you'd find something that suits her better (like me, I'll get ill of nearly everything, but partner cannot eat Sunkissed Popcorn, whereas that has no effect on me).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:36 am

maddymoo wrote:Aye thanks Ian, I'll give it go when she's calmer, as I'm off work for a while I can wait until she's less jumpy again. If I can get her comfortable enough to fall asleep on me when I've got some scissors nearby, that would be my best bet (sorry about the soon to be chilly bum Boo! lol).
It might be worth buying a set of dedicated pet hair clippers, they don't have to be expensive and the electric ones are pretty quiet in use http://www.beststuff.co.uk/pet_clippers.htm

I'm lucky in that the rechargable hair/beard grooming set I got for myself, while useless for me, I can use on Fudge without too much hassle, tho' I have to wait till she's asleep anywhere but a windowsill to be able to use them. She's got a huuuuge matt on her chest atm, which has almost grown out by itself and would only take a second or two to cut out, but will she let me???? Boo's Bum! 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Helen, has the vet eliminated all possibility she hasn't a gastric problem, having the skitters like she does doesn't sound right, especially when she is on james wellbeloved. It maybe she needs the sensitive sachets we gave teddy, those helped him. Such a shame as it's so horrible and it doesn't matter how much we love them, no one wants to clean that all the time, and am sure Boo isn't comfortable with it either.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Teddy wrote: and am sure Boo isn't comfortable with it either.

Rofl! No.... little Boo couldn't care less, she really isn't a clean cat, bless her. Its took her a long time to even start grooming herself! LOL! We still have to catch her from time to time and give her a good clean with babywipes because she smells (non poo related), or Mads pins her and give her a good lickin! On the odd time she likes going out, she loves to roll in dirt, soil etc. lol! Although one time she walked through a spiders web and she really did not like that! lol

I may have another word with the vet as you're right, it can't be normal, she maybe could have the same problem as Teddy, but again all that will have to wait til she's more settled again. Its an ongoing thing so its not serious enough to warrent a visit soon, so will give it a while before I upset her with a trip in the carrier.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Mads pins her and give her a good lickin!

ROFL, oh bless the little minger, she's slow grooming herself as she hasn't had a mummy to teach her, but you would think she would copy Mads, nope I was right the first time, she's a little minger.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Teddy wrote:

ROFL, oh bless the little minger, she's slow grooming herself as she hasn't had a mummy to teach her, but you would think she would copy Mads, nope I was right the first time, she's a little minger.

*snigger*. Ahhh, bless wee Boo. I am in no way making light of the problem Helen, as I do understand it is a huge problem, but the above comments did tickle me. Boo's Bum! 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:11 pm

*Prince* wrote:
Teddy wrote:

*snigger*. Ahhh, bless wee Boo. I am in no way making light of the problem Helen, as I do understand it is a huge problem, but the above comments did tickle me. Boo's Bum! 43453

ROFL! No worries, we laugh at our little minger all the time! Its a good job she's so entertaining and endearing, if she was aggressive and grumpy it may not be so cute! LOL! Hmmmm, aggressive and grumpy, I just described Mads! (only joking Mooey choos LOL) gads, I've just had an image of them both up for rehoming in a shelter, Mads hissing and growling with hackles up at everyone and Bramble stinking, covered in poo hiding under a blanket! its a good job their parents are completely nuts, as together we make quite a nice little disfunctional family! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:47 pm

aaaawww that's warmed my heart, a totally dysfunctional family all quite contented with each other, what more do you need. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down