For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lilly's outside

+3
Laura
maddymoo
nicola
7 posters

Go down

Lilly's outside Empty Lilly's outside

Post by nicola Sun May 10, 2009 4:50 pm

You all know that Lilly has always been an house cat since what happened to phoebe but saffy has been going out as there was no way she was going to be kept inside lol she loves having her freedom, tbh Lilly has never shown much interest in going out (the door can be open and she will just sit on the doorstep and not go anywhere) but ever since we have moved house she is going out all the time.

Our house backs on to mountains so there is nothing but hills and a few sheep behind us and Lilly is loving it, I can now leave the back door open when it's nice wether and they both come and go as they like, she doesn't go far just in the garden and on the mountain behind us but she is like a different cat, she is so relaxed and loving now compared to when she was an house cat she used to live on her nerves and any loud noise would jump a mile and hid behind the couch she was also not very loving at all and would much prefer to sit on her own than with me and Steve but now honestly it really is like we have a different cat, she is really contented and much happier she also is the most loving little thing ever, when she comes in from being outside she runs up to us meowing to let us know she's back and rubs herself all over us and wants lots of kisses.

I know I said I would never let my cat's out after what happened to phoebe but I'm really glad I have it's lovely to see them enjoying life.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Lilly's outside Empty Re: Lilly's outside

Post by maddymoo Sun May 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Thats fantastic to hear Nic, its wonderful when they're so happy, and she sounds eccstatic! Yeay!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon May 11, 2009 12:24 am

Brilliant news! Percy has been behaving in EXACTLY the same way since he started roaming free. I'm so glad I made the decision to let him go and I certainly will do the same with any other cats I have.

There will always been the worry of them getting hurt, and you know all too well what that feels like, but it's worth the risk to see them so happy isn't it? xx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 am

Great to hear about the change in Lilly Very Happy

I know some cats are perfectly happy being indoors all the time, but it's something I couldn't do, even with a pedigree. There's always that element of risk, but it's more natural imo and they are surely much happier for it, even like in Fudges case, who very rarely strays far beyond my garden, just being able to sprawl out and sleep in the sun is enough for her.

I find all my lot enjoy my playing with them more outside than in the house, maybe because they have the room to really stretch their legs, and my cherry tree is the best climbing frame they could wish for. I can forgive Bola bringing stale bread into the house, in spite of all the resulting crumbs everywhere and he's now started to bring dandelion heads in as well, tho' God knows what he thinks he's caught with those Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Mon May 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Thats lovely nic. I know it is a real worry, esp. after what happened to Phoebe, but I think the quality of life is so important, and if she seems much happier then it is worth it. Unfortunately life is full of risks isnt it.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Am so happy for you all Nic, it keeps them safe keeping them inside but I still think a cat is meant to roam, TBH I hate the fact there is a main road outside our front door and they both dash across the road, but they're both contented happy cats, well usually so that makes up for the worry they give me. Am so gald that you now have a little cuddle cat, what a difference being outside has made. Have to say, your house location sounds wonderful.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 am

Ian B wrote:he's now started to bring dandelion heads in as well, tho' God knows what he thinks he's caught with those Laughing
ROFL! What a brilliant little hunter... ROFL! Those dandelions sure put up a fight. lol!

Wonderful to hear how happy Lilly (and Saffy) is! Pok is also a completely different person now compared to when he was confined to the flat.

And worry... oh my goodness... each time one is gone for more then 2 hours... each time it's gotten dark and they're not home... each time a car takes off and I cannot see BG (she jumps into everything)... but it's all worth it to see one of them jumping into a tree, or rolling in the dirt, or chasing a bumblebee.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content