For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furballs

3 posters

Go down

Furballs Empty Furballs

Post by Laura Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 am

I'm starting to think Percy is off food because he has a furball, is this common?

I was at work three days ago when Simon called saying Percy had been sick, I assumed he'd eaten a moth or something so didn't worry unduly. He also ate food that night so I assumed he was okay. Yesterday morning he threw up a small puddle of fluid and that was it. Tonight I've kept him in and he's had a mouthful of food and that's it. He's licking his lips a bit which I know is nausea. Plus I brushed him and a crazy amount of fur came out. I haven't brushed him for a while so he was well overdue it. He looks fine, has bright eyes and is keen to go out so I don't think he's ill.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Furballs Empty Re: Furballs

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:01 am

It could be furballs. Mads has been quite ill before with huge furballs which is why we ended up with catalax from the vets as she had a furball in her intestines too and it needed help coming out! See how he is tomorrow, if you have any soft yellow parafin wax (vaseline) at home, you could try and give him a little bit (human toothpaste ammount), but give your vet a call first and ask if thats ok! I've never given mine it, but reading the ingrediants of catalax, thats all it is! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 am

I used to give Teddy De-Furrums whuich they all loved, you could try that Laura, if he isn't showing his thired eyelid, he's probably ok, but as helen says, call the vet and see what they say.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Teddy wrote:I used to give Teddy De-Furrums whuich they all loved, you could try that Laura, if he isn't showing his thired eyelid, he's probably ok, but as helen says, call the vet and see what they say.

My sister gets them for Shamie as she's got big thick hair and suffers from furballs, but she doesn't get a chance as Sickie loves them! lol!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Shamie and Sickie, what a pair of names!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah, full names Shamen and Sicknote (because the poor lamb looked so bad when they got her lol)

How's the lovely Sir Percival doing Laura?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down