For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worms worms worms!!!!

+2
Teddy
maddymoo
6 posters

Go down

Worms worms worms!!!! Empty Worms worms worms!!!!

Post by maddymoo Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Argghhhh! Honestly I just don't understand! Maddy has never had any signs of worms, never anything in her poo (sorry), no bloaty or bad belly or anything like that, yet she goes outside. Anyway, we've always wormed her every 3 months (ish). Oddly the problem we have is with Bramble? We worm her every 3 months, and we don't need a calender to remind us, as when the time comes round she has big live worms wriggling in her poo! She also has a bloated belly. We have gave up giving her the 1/2 tablet dose and are giving her a full tablet each time (oh and we worm Mads at the same time as we do Bramble), but the worms keep on coming back! They were last wormed in Feb and Bramble has just been to the tray and had a runny poo, with 3 huuuuuuge live round worms in! So we have given her a full adult cat worming dose and one to Mads also. We use a wide spectrum wormer from the vets. I just feel so bad for poor Bramble, how on earth can her worms get soooo bad in such a short space of time that she's got live ones coming out? I think we may have to get in touch with the vets and see if there's anything stronger she can have. Any ideas why this keeps happening? I know its more likely that shes getting them from Mads as Mads goes outside (although she comes in to use the tray), its just so odd, that Maddy never has any signs of worms, and after having a worming tablet she doesn't have dead ones coming out either? Yet Bramble seems to poo dead worms for britain after she's had one! My poor baby.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Worms worms worms!!!! Empty Re: Worms worms worms!!!!

Post by Teddy Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Worms worms worms!!!! 878172 sorry that's not helpful. It does seem odd, so I would take her to the vet. It maybe that she does need something stronger that only the vet can give, an injection perhaps. Maybe whatever it is you use, the little blighters have become immune to. Remember when I had Glitter, well I never noticed worms with her at all, yet within 2 days her new mum spotted them. The vet said that maybe they just didn't show up all the time, but they were still there, could be the same with Mads.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Oh it is yukky! I must admit, I sometimes think about if we should worm ourselves too? Sorry for the horrible thought, but we do change their litter trays etc. and fair enough we all wash our hands afterwards, but still.... ooooo I'm talking myself into having nightmares!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat May 03, 2008 9:33 pm

LOL, god I know, it is a horrible thought, I wouldn't think you would have to worm yourselves though, you aren't showing any signs are you???? Weight loss, forever hungry, itchy bum, jeez, I could be speaking about myself there, JOKING. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 03, 2008 9:37 pm

LOL! Hmmmm forever hungry.... maybe we all have worms!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat May 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Aye ok but delete the itchy bum. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Oh I do feel soooooo bad for not noticing! Her poo's have stank and I mean really foul, stink up the entire house! for ages, and apparently this is another sign of roundworm infestation! Oh I feel like such a bad mum!

I just phoned the 24 hour emergency vet (ok ok, maybe an over reaction, but I felt bad, also about giving her a 'big girl' dose, in case I'd just OD'd my baby) and the nurse told me the adult dose is the right one to give her and to keep a close eye and if she's still got worms in her faeces in a couple days, to take her in to see the vet). Oh poor girl, no wonder she wolfs her food down like its her last meal, and cries at the tray and stinks! Oh I'm such a bad mum, for assuming she just ate too fast! Poor lamb.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat May 03, 2008 10:45 pm

No your not a bad mum, but I know how you feel, I felt really bad about Glitter, how could I not notice when she was in my care for 6 weeks, jeez, it's a horrible feeling. Glitter also lost 2lbs and I didn't notice, where was my head for gods sake. So I totally sympathise with you Helen. But, the thing is, you have done something about it now, and you'll keep your eye on her. Now just relax and go and give her a cuddle, in a couple of days all will be well and if not the vet will sort it out. x Don't worry.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat May 03, 2008 10:53 pm

No way am I hugging little miss worms! (I'm sorry, i'm sorry, I didn't mean that, Oh one step closer to hell! My poorly baby can have all the huggles she wants... as long as her bum isn't near my face! lol)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat May 03, 2008 11:00 pm

PMSL yeah well I must admit I wouldn't want her bum near me either. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am

i use panacure 10% liquid which you use for 5 days for a full dose i get mine from beeston animal wormers off the net www.wormers.co.uk they are very quick at posting out and sre cheeper than the vets if it's any help to you good luck with your little problem i hope your baby gets sorted just watch once she loses the worms she will turn into a fat cat
emma x
siam*mum
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun May 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Actually thats a very good point! We'll have to cut her food down as she's an indoor cat, once the worms have been evicted! Oh she's going to be a little round grey ball! lol

She's wanting me atm and keeps on sneaking onto my lap and curling up. This can only mean shes feeling a bit under the weather and is a bit chilly. She was bouncing over the bed crying this morning, so my partner got up to feed her. She had a quick bite then came back to bed with me. lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 am

Poor Bramble, her worms sound horrible. Don't you dare feel like a bad mum, you've been doing all you can by worming her. You're not a vet so you wouldn't know how bad it was. I'm sure the vets will be able to sort her, I imagine once they've got worms it's like a vicious circle of reinfestation.

Oh and if you're worried about having worms yourself, someone told me at school the way to test for it was to hold a piece of raw bacon under your botton and if you have worms they'll come out to eat the bacon. I'm almost definitely sure that's true Wink xx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Hmmmmm, she hasn't been to the tray yet for a poo.... is that really bad? She's happy in herself and not acting poorly anymore... still, I hope that a load of (hopefully now) dead worms haven't blocked her up? Mmmmmh, may phone the vets...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh its ok! According to Calvin, she's been this morning (when I was still lying in bed *feels shame*), still, tho, she's not going as often as she normally does.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon May 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Aww helen, sorry to hear about poor wee Bramble, but you are not a bad mummy! Hope it sorts itself out soon as it must be horrid for her. Give her lots of hugs from me (aye, but no bums in faces please)! Wink
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon May 05, 2008 9:51 pm

PMSL @ Laura, oh you crack me up, LOL, you've just put me right off bacon, now whenever I see a rasher am going to think about what you said. LOL A bacon buttie will never be the same again. Worms worms worms!!!! 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Teddy wrote:PMSL @ Laura, oh you crack me up, LOL, you've just put me right off bacon, now whenever I see a rasher am going to think about what you said. LOL A bacon buttie will never be the same again. Worms worms worms!!!! 72767

Eeeew Eeeeew! Cant believe I never even saw your comment Laura, until Kath commented on it - oh GADZ! Worms worms worms!!!! 878172 Worms worms worms!!!! 878172
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 13, 2008 6:49 pm

How's little Bramble? I hope she's feeling better and all the nasties are gone for good!

Worms are terrible stuff... so horrid to think about... but also just a part of having kitties. As she's an indoor cat, it does seem odd that she keeps getting the worms agiain... it could be that the wormer doesn't take care off all, and during the next three months they keep multiplying.

Hope everything is sorted now... and lots of snuggles to little Bramble - worms and all! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Its so funny, as we haven't seen any dead worms in her stools? But no more live ones either? Hmmmm, well.... she seems quite happy and healthy, so will see, but if there's any further signs I'm taking her to the vets. Poor lamb. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum