For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I, Shouldn't I?

4 posters

Go down

Should I, Shouldn't I? Empty Should I, Shouldn't I?

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

I was reading over the thread when Boo had her op and at the time I was told she'd need a second op on the same leg once her growth plate had fused. Now I'm sure it will have fused by now, but I'm reluctant to even check with them as she is happy and fit and well, its causing her no problems. Obviously if it does we'd get something done about as we will when/if her other leg goes, but I don't see the point of putting her through that again if its not going to significantly improve her life.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Should I, Shouldn't I? Empty Re: Should I, Shouldn't I?

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:00 am

Hi Helen,

For Boos peace of mind I'm with you in not wanting to put her thro' more stress if it's not needed, but there's always the chance of future problems/weakness that just aren't apparent yet, which will only be picked up by the vets having a second look. If you ignore it now, even if things seem ok atm, and things go wrong with this injury, they may be harder to treat next time.

It's a tough call, one I'm not envious in having to make.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:07 pm

no harm in getting her checked over, get two opinions even, but as she is happy and doesn't appear to be in pain or have any problems, there may not be any further treatment required anyway, but unless she's examined you'll never know. Difficult one Helen, really though, if it was me, I would follow my gut reaction, if I thought she was really fine, I probably would leave things as they are. So really I've contradicted myself. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks guys, I'll book her in for a check up (gads I can hear her squealing her head off now! lol) and see what advice they can give. I know she doesn't walk/run elegently as her 'fixed' leg is in line(ish) and her other one isn't, but she is happy how she is, so if its cosmetic then will definately leave it, if she's happy, we're happy! lol. She still won't 'squat' for poopsies and stands bolt upright on her hindlegs, then scrapes at the lip of the tray with her front paws (bless she tries! lol!, she saw Mads scraping around in the tray, so in her head she's doing the same thing lol). Gads, I'm digressing..... thank you for the advice Ian and Kath, it helps as I was in two minds whether to even ask the vet in case they see £££! Lol! But will book her in next week.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am

It should put your mind at rest, and if she's happy and the vet doesn't see £££££££ all is well. haha i can just imagine her usimng the tray, bless her I bet she wishes she could squat. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm

haha, she's booked in for a check up tomorrow afternoon, I'm laughing as whilst on phone to vets she was getting agitated and crying to be held! Lol! If only she knew what mum was up to! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Been to vets with her and she was a very good girl apart from squealing the place down lol. The vet is very happy with her and happy to leave her be as her leg feels stable so no more ops on that leg! Yeay! And touch wood her other leg will stay as it is too. But we have been warned to keep her weight down as it'll effect her joints, so sorry Boo, no more 'extras' lol!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Glad to hear The Boo got on well at the vet, and no surgery on the cards.
Good luck with the weight thing! You know it is an issue close to my heart (and the Princemeisters) Should I, Shouldn't I? 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Great news Helen, as long as things stay as they are and she's happy, you can breathe easy. Keeping her weight down will help, my mum & dad's dog is a porker, but will they accept that that could affect his back, every now and again, he gets a sore back and can hardly move without squealing, but as the vet hasn't TOLD them he should lose weight, they carry on regardless. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:21 pm

The best news Helen, great to hear no further op is needed :tu: Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum