For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy's *missing*

2 posters

Go down

Buddy's *missing* Empty Buddy's *missing*

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 am

I haven't seen the little tyke since early afternoon yesterday, so I'm hoping

a/ He's gone home and Donna kept him in, or

b/ He didn't wander into the plumbers van when they called to do some work in my bathroom yesterday.

I could hardly go shouting for him, not by name anyway, as Donna would surely have heard me and known for a fact he was still coming here/I was deliberately letting him in. I did notice her car was gone around 4pm (tho' it could have gone earler) and came back around 7pm, so it's just possible she took him to the vets for neutering and chipping.

I won't rest easy till I find out or see him again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Buddy's *missing* Empty Re: Buddy's *missing*

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 am

He turned up Very Happy Buddy's *missing* 579159 (still intact Laughing) while I was outside looking for Bola, so I guess I'll not find out where he's been.

He ignored the food Fudge had left, perhaps he's been home/fed this morning and just let out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:54 am

Lets hope so (that Donnas just kept him in). I'm so glad he's shown up.... there is of course option c) that he's been at someone elses... maybe Dexter left him a list.... Wink
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Helen,

Yeah, Donna told me he does go elsewhere, so option c/ is a definite possibilty.

The little sod won't leave me alone outside, every time I open the door and he's there he reckons it's playtime, miaowing at me and tugging on the end of the fishingrod/feather toy Laughing (it's tied to a wheelie bin to stop him wandering off with it like the last one)

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Bless him, with his looks and playful outlook, he is one fab cat! Buddy's *missing* 579159
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:49 pm

A fab cat is spot on, he's great Buddy's *missing* 579159 I get the feeling he'll never grow up properly and always be something of a kitten Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:35 am

He vanished again last night, so if he's not going home, he's going somewhere. If it's the former everybody wins, Donna gets her cat, Buddy gets to play with me in the garden during the day (and I get to play with him) Very Happy

'EDIT'

Pehaps not, he came running when I opened the door to look for Bola and Fudge and is presently filling his face with his breakfast and the remnants of Bolas. Hes either been out all night or let out very early today. On a side note, the little sod has started scratching furniture when he comes in Twisted Evil I'm double miffed as he had been heading straight for the scratch posts on my cat tree.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Hahaha, oh the little sod! Perhaps worth reinforcing the scratching posts by rubbing a little catnip? Have you seen those furnature savers advertised, look like clear plastic? Personally I'm sceptical.. but at the right price could be worth a try?
My sofas are trashed already and its not for them scratching them its from them jumping up and running hell bent for leather over them etc.... espcially the one by the window as they use that one to jump onto the window sill, we've attemtped to save it with a trow on the back but Evil or Very Mad biiig scratches down the lovely leather *sighs* Rolling Eyes

Perhaps the answer is to put our furnature in cages... Rolling Eyes
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:43 am

He came trotting into my bedroom at 1.30am last night, jumped onto my bed, woke Bola up for a playfight then jumped down and I thought he'd gone back out. He hadn't as Bola was still asleep on my bed when I woke today, and that's very unusual, but it easy to see why, Buddy had curled up asleep behind the door and pretty much closed it so neither of them could get out Laughing

maddymoo wrote:Hahaha, oh the little sod! Perhaps worth reinforcing the scratching posts by rubbing a little catnip? Have you seen those furnature savers advertised, look like clear plastic? Personally I'm sceptical.. but at the right price could be worth a try?
My sofas are trashed already and its not for them scratching them its from them jumping up and running hell bent for leather over them etc.... espcially the one by the window as they use that one to jump onto the window sill, we've attemtped to save it with a trow on the back but biiig scratches down the lovely leather *sighs*

Perhaps the answer is to put our furnature in cages...
Something will have to be done about him scratching. My sofa and chairs are covered with material and already have cat-scars all over them, not thro' scratching per se, more because of their habit of stretching their legs with claws out.

I have my doubts about those furniture savers as well, but it's too late to find out if they do work now. Worse than any scratching on mine is when they come in wet thro' or with muddy paws, my sofa and chairs are a light-ish mint green colour so any wet or dirty patch really shows. The material on them is a total pita, I can't just wipe a dirty patch clean, all doing that does is spread the dirt out, I have to clean the entire cushion, etc Buddy's *missing* 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Ian B wrote:He came trotting into my bedroom at 1.30am last night, jumped onto my bed, woke Bola up for a playfight then jumped down and I thought he'd gone back out. He hadn't as Bola was still asleep on my bed when I woke today, and that's very unusual, but it easy to see why, Buddy had curled up asleep behind the door and pretty much closed it so neither of them could get out Laughing

maddymoo wrote:Hahaha, oh the little sod! Perhaps worth reinforcing the scratching posts by rubbing a little catnip? Have you seen those furnature savers advertised, look like clear plastic? Personally I'm sceptical.. but at the right price could be worth a try?
My sofas are trashed already and its not for them scratching them its from them jumping up and running hell bent for leather over them etc.... espcially the one by the window as they use that one to jump onto the window sill, we've attemtped to save it with a trow on the back but biiig scratches down the lovely leather *sighs*

Perhaps the answer is to put our furnature in cages...
Something will have to be done about him scratching. My sofa and chairs are covered with material and already have cat-scars all over them, not thro' scratching per se, more because of their habit of stretching their legs with claws out.

I have my doubts about those furniture savers as well, but it's too late to find out if they do work now. Worse than any scratching on mine is when they come in wet thro' or with muddy paws, my sofa and chairs are a light-ish mint green colour so any wet or dirty patch really shows. The material on them is a total pita, I can't just wipe a dirty patch clean, all doing that does is spread the dirt out, I have to clean the entire cushion, etc Buddy's *missing* 975384

Ian

Buddy's *missing* 975384 argghh, is there such a thing as a cat proof sofa? We got leather because of the wipe clean, but its so bad when it comes to scratches, they all show up and they aint no repairing them... oh they could have waited til we at least paid them off! (interest free thing, got money there, but figured we'd leave it in the bank gathering dust rather than interest, until we had to pay them off, but it still feels bad that we'll be handing the money over for sofas that aren't worth squat after being mauled by two sharp clawed kitties playing chasey Buddy's *missing* 975384 )
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Buudy's been here for the past few hours and he's discovered he likes belly rubs Very Happy and even better in his opinion, I don't pull my hand away when he kicks, scratches and bites Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:30 pm

LOL! He likes a bit of rough play too! Fab, play fighting is always fun with them! Plus shows how confident he is with you! Buddy's *missing* 579159
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 am

I don't think he's confident with just myself, I get the impression he'd run to anyone who called him and that's something I don't like to see in a cat so young tbh.

He crept into my bedroom again at gone 1.30 last night, and again slept behind the door (closing it) so every door in the house was closed. Fudge and Bola only had the kitchen and stairs/landing to sleep on if/when they came in with no access to food or water till I got up today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content