For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microchip Catflaps

3 posters

Go down

Microchip Catflaps Empty Microchip Catflaps

Post by Laura Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:56 am

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a microchip catflap at the cost of £106 Shocked A neighbour's cat has been calling in on a regular basis and completely clearing out Percy's food bowls - biscuits, meat, the lot. Plus he's terrifying Percy. For example the other day I was lazing on the sofa when I heard a cat kicking the catnip cigar which is always left on the living room floor (I know, gross). I looked up assuming it was Percy and saw the culprit, a massive black and white cat having a fine old time dribbling and kicking away. I shoo-ed him out and thought as there had been no noise Percy must have been upstairs. Poor Percy was cowering in the corner looked terrified. He won't stand up to him at all. No yeowling or chasing away. And that's just one time, so goodness knows how often it happens when we're out. Anyway after a lot of messing about the catflap is in and I must say I'm very impressed so far. It took a few goes for Percy to get the motion right (outside there is a scanner above the door to the catflap) but now he waits for the click of the lock to open and comes in. He still hasn't got used to the fact that cats can't come in as his head shoots up at every noise but hopefully that will change.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Microchip Catflaps Empty Re: Microchip Catflaps

Post by Teddy Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Poor Percy, i hate when they're scared in their own home, just shouldn't happen, hopefully he'll real;ise that he's safe, but probably he'll still look up and alert whenever he hears something, that could just be curiosity though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Awwww poor percy like kath said I hate it when they are like that in their own home, Lilly is very much the same any noise and she jumps 3 foot in the air scared, saffy on the other hand could not give a brass monkey who's in her house I have never knows a cat like her!

I do hope percy settles down for you now, dose he still go in next doors house?

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Percy doesn't go next door anymore because the lady there moved away and lodgers have moved in. They've got a little female cat themselves who Percy gets on well with which is nice. The two of them need to gang up on the scary male cat!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down