For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

workmen

4 posters

Go down

workmen Empty workmen

Post by littlekitty Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Got a letter from HA this morning about having new windows/doors fitted within the next year. I'm thinking should I put Buddy and Mary in a cattery for the time that the installers are here or will they be ok to stay home (not sure how much noise there will be). Last time we had radiators installed there was loads of loud drilling etc and both kitties spent most of the time outside.
I don't want them both stressed with strange people constantly walking about, (especially Mary as she is still nervous at times). Also I have to ask what kind of doors we will be getting and if I will still be able to fit a catflap.
This is just stressing me out thinking of the work being done (don't like workmen trudging through home), have to wait for surveyor to come out first to find out what will be replaced.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

workmen Empty Re: workmen

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:58 pm

If you think they wpould be best in a cattery and not as stressed as they could be at home, put them in. The owrk could take 2-3 days dependinmg on how many windows etc are to be replaced. You know Buddy & Mary better than anyone so you'll know how they'll cope. Good luck with it all, it's such a pain having people in and out your house.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:24 pm

I'll have a similar problem some time in July, the council have informed me today they're arranging for the central heating and gas fire to be replaced then.

A knock at the door is all it takes to make my lot to head for the flap, so workmen for a few days will be a bit hairy. I'm lucky in that I'll be home all day to at least make sure my lot get fed, even if it is outside, and the weather should be ok for them to stay out longer than usual.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Can you just see a line of cats sitting waiting to be fed in your garden? workmen 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Teddy wrote:Can you just see a line of cats sitting waiting to be fed in your garden? workmen 72767
Situation normal then? Laughing There's only Jimmy who won't be bothered, he'd sit thro' an eathquake if he thought there'd be food when it stopped Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 pm

workmen 72767 oh Jimmy, poor lad, lives for his belly.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:05 pm

I will make sure I'm home all day when they come round, just hoping the workmen come around in the summer, at least then Buddy and Mary can spend most of the time outside in the garden, instead of the noisy house.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:35 pm

They'll be fine Lynn, just make sure you're at home. They tend to do the upstairs and downstairs seperately so just tell the workmen which door not to open. When we had our windows and doors done it was simple enough doing that, the only complication was Mads and her territorial protective streak haha.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down