For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrapper scraps again.

4 posters

Go down

Scrapper scraps again. Empty Scrapper scraps again.

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 am

Been a while since Malo was involved in a real fight (not a through the window one) and I let him out as usual this morning and saw nothing, and heard nothing unusual and left the window open for him to come back in at his will. Anyway, when I went to bring in the milk some time later, there was a bedraggled Malo sitting on the front door step looking very sorry for himself. Covered in mud from head to toe, tufts of fur pulled out hither and thither and the telltale skewiff mouth (which he always has after a fight). Once he was in, I closed the window so he can't go out again without our say-so, and JC isn't saying so at the mo. His sorry look implies that he didn't win - and if he did, the other cat must be in a very poor state. No sign of injuries, but we will have to keep an eye out for excessive cleaning etc. Bonnie in the meantime keeps looking at him down her nose, as if in disgust at his scrapper behaviour.

Joanne.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Scrapper scraps again. Empty Re: Scrapper scraps again.

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 am

Sounds like he'll never change Joanne Laughing

It's bad enough here with Buddy always spoiling for a fight, but he's not in Malo's league when it comes to actually doing it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 am

Oh dear. Once a thug always a thug eh! Naughty boy. Tsk tsk. Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Thug describes him well. The worse thing is that it is Malo that instigates most of the fights - he is the one that does the picking on others. Granted Tubs teases him when he knows he is behind the window and can't be got at, but we have seen Malo on the prowl so know he is the little horror that looks for a fight. I suppose we are lucky in that he isn't interested in birds, frogs, rodents etc but I bet the neighbours really don't like Malo, or us for having him. Must say though that our immediate neighbours are really good so no complaints there.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I guess I'm lucky in that even tho' I can't control what Buddy gets up to outside fight-wise, I can in the house. All I need to do is, as I did a 1/2 hour or so back, is say "Buddy, no" as he was all set to pounce on his arch enemy from across the road when he ambled in for his usual afternoon biscuits. Just the sound of my saying no is enough to make Buddy stop in his tracks.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Ian - That also works for Malo in the house, but outdoors there is nothing doing. Bonnie seems to rule the roost inside and Malo knows it, so he is more susceptible to doing as he is told indoors. Bonnie acts deaf when told 'No!' - but isn't deaf because she hears things she wants to. It used to be that Malo was in charge of Bonnie and us humans if he was on a window sill - that was his castle - but he has calmed down in that respect now.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 pm

the telltale skewiff mouth (which he always has after a fight).

That is just so funny, poor malo, the boy will never learn, what you have to watch for now is an abcess, I didn't know that sam had a bite that turn into an abcess until it burst , all over our sofa. Rolling Eyes bet he was relieved though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 pm

We have had the abcess situation on a couple of occasions with Malo. One on his tail which went unnoticed for a long time - then we noticed his fur falling out of his tail in huge clumps leaving a bald patch and then we saw the offending abcess, which had burst. Then one on the top of his head, which could not go unnoticed. All of his visits to the vet, apart from his neuturing, have been related to fights - hence the vet calls him 'scrapper'. Poor Sam - you must be right about his relief.

In one of his fights Malo lost a canine tooth (ouch for his adversary), so when he is preoccupied with fighting and biting, his lip sort of doesn't fit right where that tooth used to be - hence the skewiff mouth. I noticed earlier that his mouth was still skewiff - he has usually got it back in place by now so I will have to investigate, and hope he hasn't lost another canine. JC tells me that Malo has not been too keen to venture too far today - so maybe he did learn his lesson for a short while (he will soon forget it though). In fact, at the mo he has gone walkabout - probablly to seek out another potential for a fight.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 pm

He'll get an aspo at this rate. :lol he may calm down as he gets older, for now though it's just a case of letting him get on with it, he'll meet his match one day. Funny when I read about Malo or one of Ian's cats fighting or trying to be *top dog* (no pun intended LOL) I always think of the musical Cats.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:57 am

Jojolabanane wrote:Hi Ian - That also works for Malo in the house, but outdoors there is nothing doing. Bonnie seems to rule the roost inside and Malo knows it, so he is more susceptible to doing as he is told indoors. Bonnie acts deaf when told 'No!' - but isn't deaf because she hears things she wants to. It used to be that Malo was in charge of Bonnie and us humans if he was on a window sill - that was his castle - but he has calmed down in that respect now.

Joanne
It works with all my lot in the house, but best of all with Buddy.

I needed to try it again outside at 1am as Fudge was after Jimmy and Buddy the cat from across the road, but with it being so late and them being on the road at the front of the house I couldn't raise my voice. They probably felt extra safe in ignoring me Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:46 pm

If Malo is outside he doesn't take the blindest bit of notice of any communication. In fact, I am not even sure he knows what his name is because he never responds. He has spent almost all day inside, asleep on the window sill so me thinks he was sleeping off yesterday's adventure.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 am

I wouldn't say my lot know their names as such, but more often than not one will appear when I shout outside, even if it's not the cat I was shouting for Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down