For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheer defiance

3 posters

Go down

Sheer defiance Empty Sheer defiance

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Yip that's Sophie. Her diet is not going well, I measure out the exact amount of food she is meant to get daily and that's all she's getting, sometimes she doesn't finish it, not often but sometimes, but the weight is still piling on. So the other day, being the little sod she is, off she goes, nose in air and comes back soon after with a dead sparrow which she prompty dropped in front of the workshop door and gobbled up. Almost as if she was saying, you won't get the better of me, I'll just go get my own. Laughing
I am hoping this weight gain is down to the steroid injection she was given, if not she's going on to *light* dry food. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sheer defiance Empty Re: Sheer defiance

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Yeah, but it will have been a diet sparrow Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm

oh ha ha Rolling Eyes the size it was, it just had to be, no meat on the poor toot anyway, oh cats are cruel. Sheer defiance 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Would appear that you are having as much difficulty with Sophie's diet as we are with Bonnie's. Bonnie cannot catch her own food though - she is too 'round' and unagile to do so. All our cats have always been athletic, but Bonnie is the exception to the rule. You seem to be so much more disciplined in what Sophie gets to eat. I will have to take a leaf out of your book Kath and hope that Bonnie starts to lose weight. I think she was such a starving and undernourished animal, when we first found her, that food seems to be her priority, and we are not good at refusing her but I know it is no better over feeding them, than it is underfeeding them. I am sure that Sophie's lack of wieght loss must be down to steroid injection as you seem to be really on the ball with her diet. I will follow your lead, and hope that both Sophie and Bonnie will benefit.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Oh it's not easy at times Joanne, especially when she has eaten her quota and them sits and looks at me with a pitiful look on her face and if I ignore her, she squeaks, and if I still ignore her the squeak gets longer and softer, so hard done by. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm

My Bonnie's squeak becomes louder and more demanding, and she also pushes Malo away to get to his food if she doesn't get any more Laughing Malo is sooooo dominant towards other cats outdoors, but he just retreats as far as Bonnie is concerned inside - such a wimp. The current situation where we are putting Malo's food station in the conservatory during the day has provided a solution, and we also lift his bowl out of Bonnie's way when he has finished. Bonnie is such a little madam when it comes to food.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:26 pm

She would get on well with Moto, he eats just for the sake of it, constantly looking out for food, wouldn't be so bad but he only eats half his meals and then grumbles and complains because he's wanting more, absolutely nothing wrong with what he's left but he expects more, crazy greedy cat.
Laughing
We can't even say it's because of his background unlike Bonnies, we got him at 9 weeks, should have been 8 weeks but he was kept back as he wasn't eating properly, go figure. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Is Moto making up for lost time, but taking things too far Kath? Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:41 pm

just a tad, Laughing it's such a pain.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Both Bola and Max often ask for more, but that's usually because they've nosed food off their plates in their rush to eat and are just too lazy/stupid to walk round to the other side and get it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 am

Moto does that too, most ends up on the other side of the dish Laughing yesterday he was given 3 sachets and didn't eat any of them, now usually he does so I know he likes them, last night he wasn't given any more and today, I put the same kind of food out and he ate it. it's-driving-me-crackers. Sheer defiance 172268
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down