For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A cat that suckles

2 posters

Go down

A cat that suckles Empty A cat that suckles

Post by Jojolabanane Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 am

I know I have stressed in the past at just how little Malo likes to interact with humans but when we first got him, after his really wild stage, but before he did his disappearing act, he did occasionally snuckle up to my hand and start sucking on the bit between the thumb and index finger, like a kitten suckling his mother. Just this last week we have had some upheaval in his routine, as outlined in another post, and he has started sucking again. It is not often, maybe once a day, and only for a short time. I don't know whether to take this as a compliment - that he feels comfortable enough with me to do that - or to see it as a worry as he must be feeling very unsettled to resort to this behaviour. He hasn't done it to me today, and of course we weren't both at work during the day, so maybe he feels happier.

He nevertheless had his nose put of joint today as I overhauled his usual window sill den. Net curtains had to be washed and the rail mended and put into place, the thick curtains had to be repaired, and the window sill was in need of a good clean - now smells of lavender. Needless to say, Malo is now giving it a wide berth A cat that suckles 43453 .

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

A cat that suckles Empty Re: A cat that suckles

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:45 am

I'd take it as a compliment Joanne, he's showing just how relaxed he is around you, mind you, after changing his fav spot he probably won't be in the mood to do it again for a while Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum