For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a cat in sight atm

2 posters

Go down

Not a cat in sight atm Empty Not a cat in sight atm

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 am

This a first as there's usually at least one waiting for brekkie, they're not even in my garden so there must be something very interesting going on Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Not a cat in sight atm Empty Re: Not a cat in sight atm

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

I've found 3 of them, tho' I had to go looking again, but no Buddy so far.

I left Fudge on next doors shed roof last night as she refused to come down and as she's still there today I'm assuming she spent all night up there. It was cold overnight never mind everywhere being well covered in dew today, so she's likely to be both cold and wet but still refuses to come down Rolling Eyes

'EDIT'

She's soaked and tucking into brekkie on the shed roof atm, I just hope nobody saw me clambering up a heap of garden waste in my garden to put her bowl there Embarassed Laughing Buddy has just appeared, had half a bowl of food then dashed back out, as did Bola and Max but I've still no idea what they're finding so interesting outside confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 am

Yay, Fudge has just come in by herself for the first time in a while and is now sat on my bedroom windowsill Very Happy Not a cat in sight atm 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:16 am

I wrote out a reply and lost it, gggrrrr

can't figure out why she would want to stay out on top of a shed roof all night when it's cold and wet, that just doesn't make sense. i would be worried sick she caught a chill. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 am

It makes even less sense when she's just walked in confused I've been bringing her in at night recently but I just couldn't reach her last night so had to leave her there.

'EDIT'

Even more annoying, to get to her on the shed roof I've got to stand in all the grass cuttings left from when I last had the strimmer out, result, they stuck to my shoes and I've traipsed them all round the house today Not a cat in sight atm 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 am

She spent all night on the shed roof again Rolling Eyes and that was after spending most of the day up there and she's still there atm. I may stop taking food and drink out as it'll only encourage her to keep doing this, she'll have to come down when she's hungry/thirsty.

Thinking about it, she's probably a bit put out at seeing stripey tail come into the house, tho' there's never been a hint of friction between them, but if she thinks there's going to be another cat here it could be one too many for her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 am

Ah you could well be right. Although there's no animosity between , she may just not feelcomfortable around him, al least when she's up there she can see what's going on and feel safe.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 am

She finally came down and is tucking into brekkie on her chair in my bedroom atm, tho' I had to carry her in again. She'll be hungry as she's had nothing to eat since around 5pm yesterday, she didn't even touch the cat milk I put on the shed roof for her last night. Hopefully she'll fill her belly and go to sleep on the chair........nope, she ate up and went back out Rolling Eyes

To be fair, she'd started the staying out all night long before stripey began inviting himself in, so the latest shed-roof-sleeping episode could just be coincidence.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 pm

She was sat on the shed roof in the rain..........again Rolling Eyes and altho' I said I wouldn't be giving her any more food while she was up there, she looked so pathetic I gave in. The rain was eventually hard enough for her to come down and I just managed to grab her as she dashed off when I opened the front door.

She's now sat across my legs, purring away like a macat, but how long she'll stay in once I get up and go downstairs in anyones guess Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:51 pm

She is a mystery, she'll be quite happy on your knee but as soon as you move that will be it, I've seen me sit for absolutely ages even when I've wanted to move, just incase I disturb Sophie, talk about mad?? Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am

She spent all night on the shed roof again, and as hungry as she was first thing today, refused to come in and even ran when I tried to pick her up Rolling Eyes I managed to catch up with and grab her as she tried to climb the fence at the front of my house and brought her in. She wasn't happy, but is now curled up having a pre-sleep wash in the box on my bed.

I'm going to try feeding stripey in the shed as I'm convinced her seeing him eat in the kitchen has made her reluctance to come in even worse. I don't know why she doesn't use the box in my shed, tho' I'll try putting a new one there with no residual scents from other cats then show it to her in the hope that if she continues refusing to come into the house, she'll take to using it

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:19 am

You'll need to watch if you do feed stripy in the shed, that he then doesn't start using the new box, Fudge wouldn't use that then would she? Oh the headache of trying to keep them all happy. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

I've left food in the shed before, and assuming it was stripey who ate it, he's never used the box at anytime so I reckon he probably won't start now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content