For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fussy eater?

4 posters

Go down

Fussy eater? Empty Fussy eater?

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:52 am

I spotted a cat eating from a bowl of food outside someones front door on my way out to do a bit of shopping earlier, and ignoring the fact that if it was their cat, feeding it outside seems a bit off, what it was doing made me Laughing

All around the bowl were lumps of meat/fish, so it looks like it was licking the jelly/gravy of them then spitting the lumps on the floor Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fussy eater? Empty Re: Fussy eater?

Post by *Prince* Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Laughing Cheeky wee thing! (although that probably explains why he/she has to eat outside - too messy! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Exactly Nicki, my thoughts too. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:20 am

I'm going to have to remember to take my camera when I go shopping and try to get a pic of this cat as it's a stunner with the most amazing markings/colourings for a moggie. I'd forgive it being a messy eater, and more or less anything tbh, just on looks alone.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Actually sounds like Bonnie - the food bit I mean not the description of a stunning cat. Bonnie has a strange mouth, she has all four canines but otherwise her teeth are hit and miss. In some slots where there are meant to be one tooth, there are actually two and elsewhere she has gaps. Now this means that she is a very messy eater, with what looks like spat out chunks. In fact, she hasn't spat them out, they have somehow dropped out. I have seen her trying to eat sometimes and it looks as though it has all gone and then the next minute out pops a chunk. Bonnie looks so frustrated as she actually had wanted to eat it. Don't worry though - plenty of food does make its way down her throat.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Poor Bonnie, it must be such a event for her when she eats, we never think of things like this when we get a pet, so much can vbe wrong. One of my rabbits had the over grown teeth, his jaws didn't align and we were always taking him to the vet to get his front teeth snipped, self preservation though, he used to manage to eat too. Although he did prefer his bread and milk. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 pm

We knew we were taking on a bit of an anomalie with Bonnie - her very first visit to the vets with us was a bit of a revelation despite us knowing she was in a very poor state when we found her. Bonnie doesn't seem to be too concerned about her eating though, and nor should she be, she does rather manage to put a lot of it away, hence the reason why she should be on a diet. She cannot manage the dry food at all and does get frustrated with that when she trys to eat Malo's and we try not to disturb her while she is eating because if she looks round the food gets strewed everywhere. It is a question of watch where you are stepping if anywhere near Bonnie's food station. When we first got Malo, he would pick up his food in his paw (same with liquids) and lick it off - which was cute to watch but also led to messy floor because he then trod everywhere with food still on his paws. He left that habit behind some time ago now - just doing it on occasion.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:59 pm

It conjures up a funny image, **food strewn everywhere** Laughing you have to love them that's for sure. Moto occasionally takes the food out of his dish and eats it from the floor, especailly if it's tuna, god knows why. Even when he doesn't do that he nudges the food up the edge of the dish so it ends up on the floor anyway, he really needs a deep sided bowl if we don't want a messy floor. I have cat place mats down, so much easier to keep clean.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 am

It is rather funny to see when Bonnie has a mouthful and then hears a sudden noise. She whips her little face around in the direction of the noise and the food flies out of her mouth in a scatter gun effect. Bonnie always looks bewildered at the fact that she had a mouthful and somehow she doesn't anymore. You would think she would hoover up the bits, but no she isn't interested on anything on the floor. Seeing her trying to eat dry food is also a laugh. She scoops it up and it falls straight out the sides. Her hips and belly are proof that she gets plenty of nourishment just the same.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am

Maybe it's a godsend she can't eat everything or she could become a right little butterball. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down