For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 'birthday' Malo

3 posters

Go down

Happy 'birthday' Malo Empty Happy 'birthday' Malo

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:41 pm

We got Malo just after 5th November and the vet told us he was just a year old - so we decided the easiest date to remember his birthday on would be November 5th (for obvious reasons). Anyway, we have remembered, remembered and will be wishing Malo all the best for his third 'birthday' - not that he will be overly impressed in any way.

In the meantime, I am glad to say that the fireworks have been a lot less evident this year. Usually we have them every evening from before Halloween, but last night was the first that we heard any, and it seemed to be a properly organised affair with a start time and end time - lasting about 20 minutes. Both mine were tucked up indoors and did not seem to be able to hear them as they were quite far away too.

Wishing everyone a quiet evening, or at least one without trauma to your furbabies.

Joanne

Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Happy 'birthday' Malo Empty Re: Happy 'birthday' Malo

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 pm

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY MALOHappy 'birthday' Malo Lovecandles

Glad to say the fireworks here haven't been bad either this year, now having said that they will be out in abundance from now on. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Happy Birthday Malo with lots of treats for you Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:28 pm

We had fish and chips - which ended up being just batter and chips - malo had the fish (once I ensured there were no bones). Malo has also had a great game of chase the little tin foil ball (screwed up chocolate wrapper) his favourite game - although I think he may have overdone things because he now has hiccups. Rolling Eyes

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Had to laugh at the fish and chips minus the fish, I've been there, Sam was a glutton where fish was concerned, so he ended up with most of it. But as it is Malo's birthday, we'll have to let him off. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 pm

This is an old story, re fish and Black Tom, but still worth repeating for those who haven't heard it yet.

I got back from the pub one night with a fish'n'chip supper, sat down and as usual BT sat as close as possible while I ate. I took my eyes off the plate for a split second, but it was long enough for him to sink his claws into the fish and drag it off the plate onto the floor. He ate like a king while I had to make do with greasy chips Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 am

Our stolen fish story is about a dog rather than a cat. When we lived in France we had dogs instead of cats, and the one who was with us for the duration was Sami, a Belgian sheepdog. When we first moved into our flat there we had to 'camp' out for the first week or so, while furniture arrived or cooker was installed etc. On the first evening, we used a little camping gas stove on a stool, so we didn't have to bend down too far - but it was close enough to the ground for Sami's purposes. Cue, one very hot frying pan, with salmon pancakes cooking away one minute, and an empty frying pan the next, and Sami looking at the empty pan with as innocent a look as she could give whilst licking her chops.

Joanne

ps. Sami also got the blame when the chocolates went missing from the xmas tree - but this time it turned out to be mice who were the culprits. Ever seen cartoons where the lady of the house stands on a chair shrieking at a mouse - that was Sami! Whenever she saw a mouse she would take to higher ground and shake and whimper until we had disposed of the offending creature. Sami was definitely no cat.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:31 am

Laughing Brilliant, she sounds like a real character Joanne Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:02 am

Black Tom sounds like a real character too - sorry I missed his antics, but glad to get little nuggets from time to time.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Joanne,

Yeah, BT was all character, I was very, very lucky to have him and Beckett Very Happy

My fav story about my lot was the day Beckett came haring thro' the flap, ears pinned back and hackles raised, with *something* in his mouth. I gave chase thinking it might be a bird and finally cornered him in the dining room, his catch turned out to be nothing more than a stale bread roll Shocked God knows why he was so chuffed/protective about it, but he wasn't giving it up easily Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm

I think said bread roll must have been well deceased before Beckett got to it - so it can't have been the thrill of the chase. Wink

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 pm

That was only the start, once he'd got a taste for stale bread of any description there was no stopping him Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content