For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is best

2 posters

Go down

Which is best Empty Which is best

Post by littlekitty Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Time to renew my cat insurance. Just had a new quote from Tesco (been with them for a few years)and am not prepared to pay them this year as they have increased the policy that I am not prepared to pay. Both cats are on one policy.
Have been doing some routing around on the web and have found a company called pet-insurance.co.uk who seem pretty reasonable as there lifetime cover is just under £5 month for each cat. Has anyone used this company before.
My next best quote was directline with both cats together for just under a tenner.
I have until beginning ofnext month to decide who to go with.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Which is best Empty Re: Which is best

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Lynn,

I *think* they're all much the same overall, tho' I'd be wary of going for the cheapest without giving the small print a very close look at. I'm sticking with Tesco because only a few would insure a cat as old as Fudge was when I took a policy out on her and probably none would take her on now at around 13/14yo.

If I did change insurers, the one thing I'd look for is them dealing with the vets directly regarding payment for treatment. Beckett was insured with Tesco but I still had to find very nearly £800 to pay the vets before submitting my claim, and even then they wheedled out of paying the full amount.

I couldn't believe it when I found out having a pet pts wasn't classed as vetenary treatment Shocked A couple of other things weren't covered, which meant I ended up with just under £700, and then it took ages for them to settle up, tho' they said this was due to a unusually high amount of claims being dealt with at the time.

Hopefully this will never be needed, but if you *know* you will be able to put your hands on say, £500+ in case of a real emergency, the cheaper options might be ok, if not ask if they will deal with a vet directly. Some may, and some vets will defer payment till a claim is settled if it's a substantial amount of money.

Google the various insurers as there's plenty of info online (some good, some bad) about how they perform when dealing with a claim.

'EDIT'

Yes, I was up at 4.15am today Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: