For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy's injured (pic added)

4 posters

Go down

Buddy's injured (pic added) Empty Buddy's injured (pic added)

Post by littlekitty Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 pm

I noticed this morning that his fur was all sticking/ falling out on one side. He has rolled over for belly rubs and I noticed a wound under his armpit and fur missing so going to try get him to the vet, Haven't checked him over completely yet.
I will have to either carry him (in his box) to the vet's (only 10 min walk) or get a taxi as Mark has gone to his mum's and taken the car, won't be back till later tonight.
Hope I can get buds in today as I have to be in by 3pm for Tina coming home from school and no one else home.

Last edited by littlekitty on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Buddy's injured (pic added) Empty Re: Buddy's injured (pic added)

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Hope you manage to get it seen to, and also hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Missing fur is usually from over-zealous washing of a wound and would indicate it has been there for a while. This doesn't mean that you have not been observant, just that the wound hasn't been bad enough for it to concern Buddy which is a good sign. Also, cats do have a propensity for getting over wounds quite readily - they are after all built for survival in the big bad outdoors. So pretty confident all will be well.

Joanne x
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:59 pm

It looks like it could be a bite mark as it is round, he was licking it this morning and only noticed the wound as his fur was wet around it, but it looks fresh.
Got an emergency appointment at 12.30. Hope it is a bite wound and not a pellet wound.

*Update*

He's been admitted, the nurse wasn't sure if he needed stitches so vet going to look at him later. I got them on a lunch break. Not sure if it's a bite or a pellet wound, but he was trying to be sick a few nights back (he's a mouser so we expect it). Have to phone back after 6pm.
It will be hard to pick him up later as I'm on my own with Tina, she might refuse to get in the taxi, and noone to look after her.
Bloody taxi charged my £3.50 for a 6 minute fare. I walked it back home in 10.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Sorry to hear this Lynn, but at least he'll get seen to properly as you've left him there. If he needs stitches he will need sedated maybe even an anesthetic(sp) and they may keep him in overnight, not good for Buddy but you won't have the stress involved with collecting him.
Let us know what happens.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Mark and my son have the car. he's just phoned and I explained about Buds, he said he will be leaving about 5.30pm (his mum lives 100 miles away) and it's about 2 hour journey so should be back for 8pm. Vets open till nine so will have to let them know.
My son will look after Tina. Just hope everything runs to plan, failing that I shall ask the vet's if they have a collection service.
will be glad to get my boy home.
Did a bit of beading try take my mind of it, but made mistakes, it's hard now we only have the one car especially when my son's not home to sit with Tina.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Here's hoping it's nothing serious Lynn. A bite is nasty but a lot better than it being a pellet wound.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 pm

He's home. didn't need the wound stitched it's a cat bite and he's also got other scratches. He's a bit groggy and got to start tablets tomorrow. Has to stay in for a few days, no doubt the little sod will sneak out. He's sat licking his wound at the moment and has to go back in a week time.
Me and Tina had to get a taxi (OH let me down) went all the way around the vilage and got charged £5 for the fare (it was £3 earlier, same company).
we ended up walking home as I didn't have enogh money for another taxi, now my arm hurts with carrying Buddy's carrier. Tina did very well she walked all the way home without stopping once.

just looked at his tablets , there quite big (noroclav) going to be fun giving him those.

Pic of his wound. it looks nasty but he's keeping it clean.

Buddy's injured (pic added) IMGP4674
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 am

Woah! That looks a lot worse than I had initially imagined. Most of Malo's wounds are claws - ain't never seen a bite that bad. Been quite a day for the poor fella - and for you. Hope it all heals up nicely and this can be put firmly in the past.

Joanne x
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 am

Jojolabanane wrote:Woah! That looks a lot worse than I had initially imagined. Most of Malo's wounds are claws - ain't never seen a bite that bad. Been quite a day for the poor fella - and for you. Hope it all heals up nicely and this can be put firmly in the past.

Joanne x
+1, it looks far worse than I'd thought Lynn Shocked

A very different type of wound to the one (if it was a pellet) on Max's head.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 am

It does look nasty doesn't it. He's moving around a little better today, he has had his first tablet (I've crushd it in with some crushed dreamies, went down a treat). He hasn't eaten yet, apart from dreamies, but he will when he's ready. Drank plenty though.
When he first went in to vet's they couldn't see what kind of wound it was as his fur was covering it, so relieved it's only a bite, I'd hate to see the other fella Laughing
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Never seen a bite like it Lynn, it's a cracker, what kind of teeth did the other cat have? LOL
I'm sure with TLC abd his meds he'll be as right as rain very soon, he'll be wanted out to finish off the cat now. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down