For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrifying moment, poor Boo!

4 posters

Go down

Terrifying moment, poor Boo! Empty Terrifying moment, poor Boo!

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, earlier on today I was getting ready to give Lou a sleepy milk feed as she needed a nap so I sat on the recliner sofa and started reclining it. There was a horrific scream and scrambling noises, Bramble had somehow managed to get into the sofa and was caught in the mechanism! It was awful, poor cat was struggling and yowling away! I had to put the sofa back up, but pressed the wrong button in my panic and she screamed more, so I put the sofa right, her yowling the whole time but she was still caught up in it so I had to get help from my next door neighbour to move the sofa. Boo then freed herself but was just hunched up crying on the floor, not really moving! My neighbout got my cat carrier from the garage while I held a bleeding Boo and I bundled her and my daughter into the car and just drove to the nearest vets with Boo screaming the whole time. The vets were very good and put us in a side room while we waited for a vet to finish in theatre. A vetrinary nurse looked her over, then the vet came through. It looks like she's just battered and bruised, but she's also had 2 back claws ripped out with another couple that look like they may come out. She's had some metacam and I've got some to give her at home and she has to wear a buster collar and go back to see the vet on Friday so they can check her healing and make sure theres nothing broken as she was that terrified today she was giving no reaction to pain, but there were no obvious breaks to be felt. They said she's had a very lucky escape.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Terrifying moment, poor Boo! Empty Re: Terrifying moment, poor Boo!

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Poor Boo, that's a horrible thing to happen Shocked A very escape, lets hope she blames the sofa and not you and she gets the all clear on Friday. You'll need to stock up on fav foods and treats tho'.

Thankfully Bola never goes near it now, but he had a habit of going under my recliner and I needed my wits about to remember to check before lowering it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 am

Poor Bramble, hope she is feeling better today.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

Oh Helen, I turn cold thinking about this, how you and Boo must have felt. really hope she's settled down and the vet won't find any broken bones. xx
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 am

Good luck with her at the vets today, Helen.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down