For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

catteries

4 posters

Go down

catteries Empty catteries

Post by littlekitty Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 am

We are going away for a week at the end of july beginning of august, and I will have to put the babies in a cattery. We have found a few catteries that we like, so how soon should we start looking at them and get the babies booked in? We haven't got the exact dates yet when we are going away. Last time we booked a cattery it was last minute and only just got Smokie in. July/august is the busiest season so I want to make sure that I get them booked in somewhere.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

catteries Empty Re: catteries

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am

ASAP, good catteries are usually booked up pretty quickly, and you may not get the one you really like.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 am

If you already know the dates of when you're going away, then it might be a good idea to do it asap. As you're going away during holiday times it might be getting pretty full...

Haveing a look at the catteries themselves is definately the best way to go about it... and as an added bonus you'll get to meet all the kitties that are there! lol! My heart just melts when they all come to greet you in their pens.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:50 pm

Ditto to ASAP! Even if you just have a rough idea of dates, it'll do no harm to phone up and pencil them in? Good luck Lynn. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm in a bit of dilemma. Just phoned two catteries to try and book in my babies for next month. Plan A: My preferred one can't fit them in on the dates we're suppossed to be going away, only two weeks later. My second choice can fit them in on the dates I gave them, and we are going to view them both on friday and make our decision. Plan B: My son isn't sure if he wants to come with us or not or if he can get time off work, so I gave him an ultimatum. If he looks after the kitties for the week (God help them) then I will pay his train fare so that he can go and see his brother for a few days. He's got until friday to make his choice so he's going to see his boss about getting time off. But I would prefer to have the kits stay at home so they can have their freedom. I'm undecided what option to take at the moment.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:32 pm

littlekitty wrote:If he looks after the kitties for the week (God help them)
lol! I'm sure everything would be fine... as long as he's been explained exactly what to do (like telling him litterboxes has to be change is a no-no, telling him litter boxes has to be changed each day/everyother day is a yes... lol!).

The cats will definately prefer to stay at home... But if your son cannot do it (or you doubt his cat-sitting abilities! lol!) then they won't suffer at the cattery. Enjoy viewing the catteries on Friday (I love poking my fingers into the pens, getting cuddles from all the kitties)!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

pokbg wrote:
littlekitty wrote:If he looks after the kitties for the week (God help them)
lol! I'm sure everything would be fine... as long as he's been explained exactly what to do (like telling him litterboxes has to be change is a no-no, telling him litter boxes has to be changed each day/everyother day is a yes... lol!).

The cats will definately prefer to stay at home... But if your son cannot do it (or you doubt his cat-sitting abilities! lol!) then they won't suffer at the cattery. Enjoy viewing the catteries on Friday (I love poking my fingers into the pens, getting cuddles from all the kitties)!

My two don't use litterboxes so that's one less job for him not to do, all he has to do is feed them and make sure the doors are left open all day so they can do as they please. If he decides to stay at home then I will write a long list of cat schedule and put it somewhere he will notice it ( the fridge door) catteries 43453. I've already told him he has to look after them properly as I will be phoning/texting daily to make sure they are alright. I could see if my SIL would turn up unexpectedly to help out.
My thoughts on cattery's. Mary will probably think "oh no mummy doesn't want me anymore, I'm going back to the dreaded cages until a new mummy comes for me."
Buddy has never been inside a cattery so he'll be like "where the hell am I, get me outta here." scratch scratch hiss.
catteries 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Oh I know... it breaks my heart leaving the babies at a cattery (even though I know they are well taken care of there)... as I keep thinking that they might believe that we've left them. First time we took BG is was out of my mind with worry... I knew she's look at it as an adventure, as she's such a chilled out kitty, and that she would love attention from other people... but would she know that we would come back for her? She was delighted to see us when we came back. Last time though, she completely ignored us when we went to pick her up... she went to sleep! lol!

Pok hates it with a passion, and he will just sit and stare out all the time he's there... but he hates the car-ride there even more.

Here's hoping your son can be cat-sitting! You'll know that both Mary and Buddy will safe, fed, and no stress for them... and less stress for you! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content