For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet rip off?

Go down

Vet rip off? Empty Vet rip off?

Post by Ian B Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

I said I had my doubts about the need for Max to have the leukaemia and feline FIV tests done and that they were using it as a cash cow. Anyhow, I posted as much *over there* and one of the more knowledgeable members posted this in reply, a extract from IDEXX Laboratories Inc (the test manufacturers I assume) which is basically a instruction for vets to sweet talk owners into having the tests, whether they're needed or not.

Compliance Tip

By offering each of your clients the opportunity to screen for FIV/FeLV, you’re giving them a comprehensive picture of their pets’ health. Here are some ways to improve client compliance:

Develop a standard clinic protocol for FIV/FeLV testing.
Include FIV/FeLV testing on reminder cards for all cats receiving an FeLV vaccine.
Offer an FIV/FeLV observation form (PDF) and client brochure (PDF) to every cat owner who enters the clinic.
Support education on testing with client brochures available through IDEXX.
Initiate a discussion with your clients about their pets’ environments, personalities and habits to determine if their cats have been exposed.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum