For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princey did a "Sophie"

5 posters

Go down

Princey did a "Sophie" Empty Princey did a "Sophie"

Post by *Prince* Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 am

Awww, this morning around 4.30am, I got up to spend a penny, and when I came back, Princey woke up, miaowed then came under the quilt for a cosy spoon! He doesnt do it regularly like Princess Sophie, but I love it when he does, he's like a wee hot water bottle. He makes me laugh though, cos everytime he does it, after about an hour or so, he suddenly decides he "wants out" and makes a mad dash for freedom over the bedside drawers! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Princey did a "Sophie" Empty Re: Princey did a "Sophie"

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am

LOL, it's when Sophie emerges and then shakes herself. Does prince lean right up against you? I can't get over the weight of Sophie when she's leaning against me. mind you she isn't half putting on weight, my wee slinky princess isn't so slinky. Princey did a "Sophie" 43453 Princey did a "Sophie" 157275
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:58 am

YES! Prince almost "becomes one" with me, he cuddles right into my tummy/bent knees - complete spooning position! Princey did a "Sophie" 43453 And like you know, he's a chunky monkey, but what gorgeous cuddles he gives. Embarassed
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Oh I'm sick with jealously! That's so cute. How do you get affection like that from your cats? Percy spends all his time in the garden Princey did a "Sophie" 975384
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Laura wrote:Oh I'm sick with jealously! That's so cute. How do you get affection like that from your cats? Percy spends all his time in the garden Princey did a "Sophie" 975384

LOL, you would have to take your bed into the garden. LOL have you thought of a tent?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Hehehee! Good plan!

Percy isn't even two years old yet so maybe he'll grown to love me *sniff* Laughing
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad aaawww. am sure he does. Arevn't Bsh not meant to like laps and cuddles as such? Am sure I read that they are loyal but not particularly *cuddle* cats. I'll give you Mel, she's hanging around mt lap at the moment. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Laura wrote:Oh I'm sick with jealously! That's so cute. How do you get affection like that from your cats? Percy spends all his time in the garden Princey did a "Sophie" 975384

Aww, bless you Laura. Percy loves you in his own Percy-way. Wink
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:01 pm

'Tis true, they're not. What annoys me is that I thought they were and when I spoke to the breeder I said I specifically wanted a lap cat and she said "oh yes, he's one of those". Hmmm. I'm getting the Trades Description Act on her Laughing

I really wanted an affectionate cat to show Simon that cats aren't snooty (which is what he thinks). Alas Percy hasn't changed his mind.

Oh, I'm being mean. It just makes me sad, y'know.
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh I can understand how you feel, I loved Sam so much and he was so bonny, and all I wanted to do was cuddle him, but that was a definate no-no, he would /did take his claws down my face. But it was frustration on my part really, he was still a darling though, just like Percy. Pity really , cos Percy has only re-inforced Simons thoughts, you need to get a *Sophie*, but to be honest it's a hit or a miss with cats, whether they are cuddly or not.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh I can understand how you feel, I loved Sam so much and he was so bonny, and all I wanted to do was cuddle him, but that was a definate no-no, he would /did take his claws down my face. But it was frustration on my part really, he was still a darling though, just like Percy. Pity really , cos Percy has only re-inforced Simons thoughts, you need to get a *Sophie*, but to be honest it's a hit or a miss with cats, whether they are cuddly or not.

Exactly, we can't expect cats to conform to their breed profile or our expectations, every cat is different. I concentrate on appreciating Percy for what makes him 'him'. He's such a little character and so laid back.

What worries me is that I've made him this way. I keep thinking maybe I try too hard, maybe I fuss him too much. So I try and give him space and that doesn't work either. Do you think we can be responsible for our cats behaviour/character?
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Good question, I would be inclined to say no, not where cats are concerned, they are renown for being indepenent and I think that includes their personality. We may *want* then to do this that or the other, but do they? only if they want to. Now dogs? I do believe we can *make* them more into what we want. my mum and dads dog is a classic example of it. He's a pensioner beofre he was a teenager, LOL So I doubt if it's anything you have done Laura, Percy is Percy.
At CP we are always telling people we never know how a kitten is going to turn out, whereas an elderly cat, you know exactly what you're getting.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Awwwww.... just like Laura I'm so jealous! I got Pok into bed with me today... but it wasn't for a gorgeous snuggle like Prince gave and Sophie gives... it was to sit and howl into my ear... *sigh*

I don't think humans effect cats personality... might effect how they react to us a bit (like a scared cat is normally scrared either because it's been hurt or have had no contact with humans... but that's just a reaction, not the way it would behave... look at Mr Pink... last year all friendly... back one year later and terrified! He's now back to being a lapcat again). BG bless her, if she was to have been "moulded" on how people had treated her she would have been all claws and no cuddles... but she's so loving and happy!

Sadly not even BG is a "lap cat" as such. She will come on our laps and have massive cuddles (she eels around all over whilst purring her head off), but as soon as she's done she jumps down. Pok will refuse to be on a lap. He will come for cuddles now and then (not several times a day like BG), but maybe once or twice a week... but then it's him next to me, and me scratching his chin.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:46 am

Lilly is Exactly the same as Percy, she dose not like to have cuddles AT ALL!, she will not let us pick her up and will also not let us smooth her head (the rest of her body is ok to smooth but not her head) also when you call her name she will look at you with the most disgusting look possible and will never come to us.

I did think kittens that had been hand reared were suppose to be very loving but not miss Lilly.

Then on the other hand we have Saffy who is the biggest lap cat ever, i can't sit down without her jumping onto my lap, even if she is sitting at the other end of the room as soon as i sit down she comes running over just to sit on my lap, lol.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:41 pm

raa laa, Kim came and sat on my lap today all by herself, I was so chuffed. We've been really busy at the flat and I sat down for 5 minutes on the sofa beside Mel and Kim, and Kim looked at me and looked, so I started talking softly to her and the next ting she's climbing all over my knees and staring up at me, then she snuggled down. But try and stroke her when she's walking about and theres not a hope in hell. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down