For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eeew

+3
Teddy
*Prince*
littlekitty
7 posters

Go down

Eeew Empty Eeew

Post by littlekitty Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 am

At 5.30am this morning I heard Buddy come in as he was making himself heard, he jumped on the bed and gave me a cuddle and lots of kisses, so we snuggled in for the last 1/2 hour before I got up. On going down stairs I noticed, yet again, the remains of a dead bird. Eeew and he'd been kissing my face and licking my arms. Eeew 878172. I don't think I will be letting him get so snuggley next time without checking for presents first. Thanks for that Buddy.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Eeew Empty Re: Eeew

Post by *Prince* Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Eeew 43453 eeew! Buddy really is a dirty little boy at the moment! Very Happy (only teasing)
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Rofl, you better take worming tablets as well Lynn. Eeew 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:30 pm

ROFL! Oh that's hilarious... lol! For me anyway... probably not that hilarious for you having dead bird slobber all over you... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:19 pm

LOL! Oh thats so funny! *sorry* LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:36 am

Is's geting beyond a joke now as he seems to bring in things several times a day. Hubby caught him sneaking in a bird last night and when I got up this morning had a near miss of standing on something that had once resembled an animal, and to top thay of there was a dead robin at the bottom of the stairs. I am getting fed up of his little now and told hubby that I either lock the flap at night, which means Mary would also have to stay out/in at night, or I get rid of Buddy Embarassed. I really can't be doing with all his nonsense at the moment. Their used to be a family of sparrows living in the bush outside my back gate, not anymore Buddy's eaten them. He's a cruel/wicked sod.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 am

Yuck... and this is the reason why we will never have a catflap! Pok, like Buddy, used to be a brilliant hunter, and would bring home all his pressies. I often wanted a catflap, as it wasn't too nice getting up at 5-6am every morning just to let Pok in when he was howling outside to be let in... but rather that then finding little pressies all over the house.

Bless... Buddy must be so proud brining home all his thropies to show off for you.

Does Mary normally come in at night? If so, you might want to take to locking the catflap. Buddy probably have ball outside hunting all night (or start howling up towards the bedroom windows like Pok). A hut/shelter in the garden would be good though, so you know he's got somewhere to go if it starts pouring down.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 am

But it's part of being a cat. We had blue tits in our garden but they didn't stay this year * sobs*, It is horrible Lynn, but try keeping him in at night for a while, but he may just be a hunter some cats are. I read that if you encourage birds to stay in your garden they act as look outs for each other. Does he wear a collar?, get a large bell on it, that might help.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:43 am

This is easy for me to say I know, but he's only doing what comes naturally, granted it isn't pleasant for you, but he won't think he's doing anything wrong. Hs he got a collar with a very loud bell? Bola has and while it's not stopped him catching birds completely, it at least gives the birds a chance.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 am

Apparently the only deterrent is to keep your cat indoors, which conjures up different problems. Is the cat flap on the kitchen/back door? if it is, close the inside door and confine him to one room, ok he's still on a killing spree but at least he can't take them all over the house.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:20 am

Both cats have collars with bells obviously not a very loud one, so may look for something a bit louder. Mary sometimes go out at night or stays in, but with our flap being in the back door I could shut the kitchen door and keep both of them in the kitchen, even if it means missing out on cuddles for a while. Mary sometimes sleeps on top of the dryer anyway, which is near the back door, she likes to look out the window. We have got a shed with a hole cut in it for the cats to go in, but at the moment it is full of wood and not much room inside. For the couple of years that I've had Buddy this is the first time he has started hunting, maybe it's the warmer nights, as he stays out most of it.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am

We do that at night, I like to keep Moto in but he's getting wise to this and refuses to come in, even though he is in the garden thumbing his nose at us. So we keep the catflap open but close the door into the diningroom. It won't stop Buddy hunting but at least you will know where his kill is. It could be the warmer nights and also his age, he's a big boy now and out to prove his worth. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

littlekitty wrote:I could shut the kitchen door and keep both of them in the kitchen, even if it means missing out on cuddles for a while.
Sounds like a good plan! Buddy can go out hunting if he wishes... pressies will be confined in the kitchen (might be that he doesn't find it that much fun anymore if he only gets to drag them into the kitchen), and Mary can have her snoozes there... and it won't be for that long... as soon as autum comes it will be harder for Buddy to hunt due to there being no cover for him sneaking up on them anymore... and you can have your cuddles back!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Eeew Empty Eeew (update)

Post by littlekitty Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Well hubby caught Buddy coming in with a bird last night, just before we went to bed, so the flap was locked last night and both babies were in, despite Buddy making himself heard that he wanted to go out again, but he didn't get his own way this time. He slept on my chest most of the night until about 2.30am he decided to make as much noise as he could, so I decide to let him out the front door. Had a quick check to see where Mary was found her curled up on her new blanket on top of the dryer, so I left her there and shut the kitchen door, incase Buddy bought any more pressies. Woke up with Buddy on my chest, my son had gone to work and let the door open, and didn't find one single pressie. Lots of cuddles for Buds today.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:16 pm

Teddy wrote: even though he is in the garden thumbing his nose at us.
Eeew 72767 Eeew 72767
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Oh my. What a nightmare! Literally! Finding dead birdies etc. all around the house. It definately sounds like closing the kitchen door is a good idea. What about (as Ian suggests), getting a collar with a loud bell? I've just had a quick looksie and here http://www.petutopia.co.uk/collars_and_harnesses_4215.php most of the collars are very reasonably priced IMO and have 'loud removable bells', so you could maybe get two and put both bells on one collar? There is also something called the 'Liberator Cat collar' that emits a high pitched noise when your cat pounces for prey which scares the bird off... but has mixed reviews. There is also one called the CatAlert sonic cat collar that is recommended in this:
http://www.songbird-survival.org.uk/predators/domestic-and-feral-cats/

Good luck Lynn and to your big brave hunter!

Edit
LOL! Just read through the 'songbird survival' info and down the bottom where it gives advice to cat owners, it advises getting a brightly coloured cat!?!! LOL! Hmmmm, I must have missed all though luminous-yellow kittens needing a good home!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:33 pm

maddymoo wrote:it advises getting a brightly coloured cat!?!! LOL! Hmmmm, I must have missed all though luminous-yellow kittens needing a good home!
ROFL! I want a bright neon pink one! lol!

Good boy, Buddy! Must be a relief not waking up to "yum" all over the place! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:45 pm

[quote="pokbg"]
maddymoo wrote:ROFL! I want a bright neon pink one! lol!

Now thats just reminded me of a picture you posted on the old forum AGES ago, of BG in a pink bikini! I'd love to see that again - she was so purty.

darned emoticons have stopped working for me again! Grrr
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:07 pm

*Prince* wrote:Now thats just reminded me of a picture you posted on the old forum AGES ago, of BG in a pink bikini! I'd love to see that again - she was so purty.
Eeew Bikini

lol! Don't know if purty is the right word... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 pm

PMSL, I love that pic, so cute. Well Moto is brightly coloured, he stands out like a beacon and he still manages to kill a few. Little sod. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 am

LOL i just love that pic!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:15 am

YAY! Pokbg!! Just noticed you posted that for me! She is lush! Very Happy Eeew 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Kitchen was shut all night and not one little dickie bird. Yay.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Yey well done Buddy!