For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet insurance...

3 posters

Go down

Pet insurance... Empty Pet insurance...

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:51 am

Ok ok, I know that this topic has been done before, but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice over which pet insurance to go for and if any would cover future ops on Bramble's hind legs? I suspect not, but I don't know much about it.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Pet insurance... Empty Re: Pet insurance...

Post by pokbg Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:26 pm

It will be a tricky one... as she's already had one op for it, they will look at it as a already consisting condition... how nice is your vet? lol! If the vet can vouch for her being "in the clear" now... then maybe when she needs further ops they will look at it as something new?

http://www.quoterack.co.uk/PreExistingConditionPetInsurance.aspx
That one might be of help...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Have filled in the form! Thank you for that. I've tried phoning AFI and RSPCA pet insurance and..... computer says no to this condition or anything connected to it.... pah! Thats exactly what we want it for! The other leg! But of course they won't... If I was an insurance company, I wouldn't either. What was I expecting... 'oh of course Miss, who shall we make the check out to?' LOL But you never know... I may hit lucky, one of the ones from the search enguine may get back in touch!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:06 pm

I've got both Fudge and Bola insured with Tesco, but as with most insurance policies, any money has to be found to pay the vet first before they pay out. Not ideal if any treatment is expensive.

I forget who, but somebody here suggested instead of paying for insurance every month, why not put that fixed amount of money away each month? The more I thought about it the more sense it made, so I do that as well now, and I have just under £300 saved at home atm. Perhaps not enough to cover a *real emergency* but enough to make a big difference should it be needed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum