For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won't eat.

+2
pokbg
littlekitty
6 posters

Go down

Won't eat. Empty Won't eat.

Post by littlekitty Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 am

Buddy is acting a bit peculiar lately. He stayed out all yesterday came in for food, didn't eat it and went out again until nearly bed time he came wandering in again, then out again. He's just come in and I gave him food but he didn't want it. He went outside, again, and when I went near him he kept running away. I did manange to get a cuddle from him, and a quick play. He is back in the house being wicked, clawing his way up my couch. Can't understand why he won't eat, maybe he's getting food from somewhere else. He's probably planning on moving out. Won't eat. 43453 Don't see much of him nowadays. He seems lively/healthy enough so he's getting food from somewhere. There is also dry food down during the day so there is always some for them to eat.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Won't eat. Empty Re: Won't eat.

Post by pokbg Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm

littlekitty wrote:He's probably planning on moving out. Won't eat. 43453
lol! I can picture Buddy packing his bags, and saying "See you later"... lol!

As Buddy is such a good little hunter, it could be that he's eating a lot of his prey... As long as he's happy and healthy a little mousie now and then won't hurt. Ooooo... I can pictur him clawing his way up the sofa... lol! Oh I shouldn't laugh, but I can see him with huge round naughty eyes.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:30 pm

I've changed their food for a while to see if that is the problem. I bought a can of tesco's own premium brand and they have both eaten it, so at least I know Buddy has eaten something. They usually get the pouches but will buy a few cans of meat in to give them a break and see how they get on.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 pm

If you think he is getting food elsewhere, it'd do no harm to give him a few *extra special treats*, just to remind him where his real home is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Hopefully if Buddy seems well, he just isn't eating because he's tucking into another cat's lunch up the road and doesn't need food when he comes home! Anyway maybe the different food you've bought will do the trick, he might see it as a treat and as Ian said that's sure to keep him loyal Wink

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:57 am

Best of luck with the Tesco one! Pok is still set on only eating Tescos Premium pouches with jelly food... only thing he'll eat... everything else he turns his nose up at.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:07 am

LOL! Oh our furry babes can be so fickle sometimes! (well alot of the time! LOL) I agree, some tasty treats to remind him where he's best off!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am

Buddy sounds exactly like Sophie atm. She disappears for hours on end and she also looks as though she has put on weight. I was really upset when this first started but she comes home at night and snuggles up, so I've just left her to the life she is happy with. Buddy could be a wanderer, and also eating his prey, if he seems happy and there are no obvious signs he's ill, I would just let him have his fun. They do seem to chance drastically come the summer months, that could have something to do with it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down