For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Missing* visitors

+2
Teddy
Ian B
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Missing* visitors Empty *Missing* visitors

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi All,

After being visited by numerous cats on a regular basis for ages now, it dawned on me today that I'm seeing less and less of them.

I haven't seen Bolas mum since at least Tuesday, maybe Monday, and that's very unusual.

Ginger tom only calls perhaps once or twice a day now, down from four or more visits.

Most worryingly, I haven't seen the *stray* black tom for, it must be over two months now, not only in my garden/house, but out on the street. I miss seeing this fella, not just because he reminded me so much of Black Tom, but because he was sooooo friendly, and I especially miss his pathetic miaow when asking for food. I just hope he's ok.

I'm hoping all this is just down to ginger tom being a bully, none of the other local cats get on with him, at least that I've seen. I've gotta be honest, I'm kinda disappointed I don't see as much/anything of them, but however disappointed I am, my wallet feels the opposite as I don't need to buy as much food Laughing

Ian

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

*Missing* visitors Empty Re: *Missing* visitors

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm

It could be because of the ginger tom, or maybe just with it being summer, they have ventured further, no doubt sooner or later they will all trip back one by one. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Let's hope they are all ok Ian and they are just residing at another cat hotel for a short time! Wink

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:02 am

Hi Ceri,

I hope so. The weather is awful today, so hopefully they'll turn up at some point, tho' I may not see them till late this afternoon.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:51 am

Bolas mum has just turned up Very Happy

I went downstairs to put the kettle on, and there she was, sat on the doorstep peering in thro' the flap. I don't know why she didn't come in, but I opened the door for her and she's presently tucking into some breakfast (inbetween growling at Bola Laughing ) She's not lost any weight so I guess she's been staying at her real home.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:00 am

Oh thank god! Ive just posted on the other thread, worried sick when you thought she might have been poisoned! Pheweeeeee!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Prince,

Yeah, I was really pleased to see her again, but she didn't stay long. She's been coming so long now she's started to get fussy about what food she will eat, and todays Whiskas original chicken wasn't to her liking, so she only ate a bit, then left.

Ginger appeared just as I was going out shopping, so he got what Bolas mum had refused. The only catch about him turning up then was that Dexter was in playing with Bola, and Dexter is terrified of ginger.
I had to shut the kitchen door to keep ginger there, and trust Bola and Dexter wouldn't cause too much chaos while I was out. Thankfully they *appear* to have behaved themselves............tho' they are chasing each other round the house at world record speeds as I type this Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:12 pm

I am so relieved to hear that Bola's mum has made an appearance! Like Nicki i also posted on the other thread fearing the worst. What a relief for you Ian and it sounds as though she is keeping well Smile

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:30 pm

*phew* Glad to hear Bolas mum turned up! I'm hoping it could actually be that her "proper" home has started to take better care of her, and that being the reason she's less and less frequent at your house... I can hope. lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:02 am

It's 11 days now since I last saw Bolas mum.
I'm hoping it's just down to that as often as not, when she called, my ginger tom visitor was here, and they really disliked each other. I can't help feeling a tad worried about her tho'.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Hope Bolas mum is ok, and that she'll come back soon to put your and ours mind at ease!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Come on Bola's mum - make an appearance and put Ians mind at rest (and ours too)!!!!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:44 am

And still no sign of Bolas mum, not even passing thro' my back garden. I'm thinking something must have happened to her, I really hope not as she is/was a lovely cat Crying or Very sad

No sign of Ginger today either. He didn't come in last night and he wasn't in the box in my shed when I checked before going to bed. Very odd.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:00 am

We had a cat that was nearly always in our garden (when we had Sam) then all of a sudden he wasn't visiting us, and it was months before he reappeared. I think maybe they just have certain places they visit at certain times.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Ian B wrote:No sign of Ginger today either. He didn't come in last night and he wasn't in the box in my shed when I checked before going to bed. Very odd.

Ian
He's back in the box in the shed, but I don't *think* he's been in for food. I can't be sure about that tho', there was a plate of food in the hallway, which I'd put there for William, and it's gone, so either of them could have eaten it.

He seems a bit subdued in the box, and didn't purr when I stroked him, so maybe he's a bit off colour as well as Bola.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Ian B wrote:He seems a bit subdued in the box, and didn't purr when I stroked him, so maybe he's a bit off colour as well as Bola.
Hoep there's nothing but a few off-days with both of them. Strangly Pok has also not quite been himself for the last few days. Two last mornings he hasn't finished off his shrimps! But he's been just as feisty, and have been beating up his sistwer as normal, so I don't think it's anything too serious. Possibly just a bit depressed... bless.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 am

No sign of Ginger again last night, nor this morning. It was only a few days ago that I could have set my clock on him being here waiting for breakfast, so something here has changed for the worse for him.

I hope he's ok, but I'd be a liar if part of me isn't a tad relieved at not seeing him, he has a gargantuan appetite and feeding him as well as my lot was getting a tad expensive.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:16 pm

I expect he will turn up at some point, maybe he's found another food outlet and is giving you a few days off.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:25 pm

I really, really hope I'm mistaken, but I can't shake off the *feeling* that his last appearance in the box was him saying "thanks for feeding me, but you won't see me again" and he was very subdued on his last couple of visits. No matter how much he ate, and he ate a lot, there's no getting away from the fact he was a lot thinner than when he first started visiting me.

There's no reason or logic to this, it's just something I *feel* I just hope he proves me wrong by coming back.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 pm

I never think we should ignore these feelings, ok we hope we're being a bit doom and gloom, but gut feelings usually are right. Although I really hope in this case it's unfounded. Poor ginger boy, lets hope whereever he has gone to, he's warm, comfortable and safe.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Here's wishing Ginger a safe journey, where-ever he goes to. I do hope he'll pop by and see you again, though...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 pm

He called again earlier this afternoon Very Happy but there is something definitely wrong with him Crying or Very sad

I found him stretched out on the landing, not asleep, and it's unusual for him not to come into my bedroom if he hears me there. He didn't even follow me downstairs when I went to put some food down for him, I had to take it up to him, and even then, it took him ages to eat what he used to wolf down in seconds.

He didn't stay long, and while I'm glad to see him again, there is no doubt something is wrong with him. I'm hoping it's just a bug or maybe the weather.............only time will tell I guess.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Hopefully it will be something that will pass. But he does sound ill that's for sure, am so glad he came to visit though, at least then you know he's been fed.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:03 am

He'll always get food here Kath, I just hope that whatever is wrong with him will pass quickly.

He's not here this morning again, so he may have found somewhere else to sleep overnight. He must have had somewhere before he started visiting me, perhaps he's gone back there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 am

That's a mystery where cats are concerned, where do they disappear to? As you say he may have gone back to wherever he came from in the first place. I can't help thinking about him though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down