For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little cat story

5 posters

Go down

A little cat story Empty A little cat story

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:12 am

The ladies that took the kittens last night were telling me about one of their cats that they used to have. They live on a farm, but everynight they called their cats in to keep them safe, they had 3. One night, one of the kitties didn't turn up but they just thought, she would come home eventually. two days of calling and looking and then on the third night, mum was again outside calling for the cat when they heard her miaowing, went to look further and she was crawling up their driveway dragging her legs behind her. Turns out she had been hit by a car and her back was broken. They rushed her to the vets, but he said there was nothing they could do to help her other than keep her quiet and still. So for 3 months, this poor toot was kept in a cage, getting all the loving and pampering she wanted and eventually she recovered. She had to have her tail amputated so she ended up with a *cotton wool puff* as a tail, and lived for years after. Now isn't that a feel good story. Oh I wish they had taken Ted as well, I would have been so happy.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

A little cat story Empty Re: A little cat story

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20 am

Great feel-good story to start the day Kath Very Happy

As for them taking Ted as well, wouldn't you be more worried about that sort of thing happening to him than about how Mel and Kim will get on? I know I've said I'd let him have his freedom, even with his deafness, but you're not keen on that idea, tho' it may be different, not so risky on a farm. You never know, they may come back for him at some point.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 am

They wouldn't want to let him out which they see as a problem, and I would worry on a farm, lots of tractors, I just think, because mum is at home all day, he would constantly have company, he doesn't bother about getting out if he has company. We put him on his leash last night, secured him in the garden, I was inside and steve was working just at the garage, Steve could see ted but Ted couldn't see Steve, well you should have heard him cry (Ted not Steve), I had to eventually go and take him in. LOL Big cry baby.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 am

They sound ideal for Ted, make sure if they contact you to let you know how Mel and Kim are getting on, that Ted is still with you. If the kittens turn out to be pretty much outdoor cats, there may well be *room* for Ted.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 am

Oh aye, I have it all worked out. I've already said to them *he'll still be here when we come back from holiday, so if you change your mind*......... devious. The kittens liked terrorising Ted, they shouldn't deprive the little souls of that enjoyment. A little cat story 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Poor kitty! I'm so glad they were able to nurse her back to health.

Oh they sound like such wonderful kitty people.... (come back nice ladies... you forgot one!) Mel and Kim are going to have such a wonderful life there, I can picture them playing all over the farm.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:06 pm

Poor little kitty... but how wonderful that the story had a happy ending!

Oh Mel and Kim will absolutely love it there... and maybe Teddy too? Fingers crossed in any case!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Sheesh kabeesh! It never ceases to amaze us just how strong these kitties (and other animals) can be, to hang on like that. She came out the other end and had a wonderful many more years to come!
Oh how fab it would be if Teddy Boy could go live with them too - they sound brilliant!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:35 am

*Prince* wrote:Sheesh kabeesh! It never ceases to amaze us just how strong these kitties (and other animals) can be, to hang on like that. She came out the other end and had a wonderful many more years to come!
Oh how fab it would be if Teddy Boy could go live with them too - they sound brilliant!

Oh they are, this is the first time I have truly been really at peace with the people taking any of *my * kitties, but realistically, they probably won't take Teddy, but we can live in hope. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down