For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going away.

5 posters

Go down

Going away. Empty Going away.

Post by littlekitty Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 am

In the last few weeks Mary has really started to get closer to me, I even wake up in the morning now with her lying right next to my face, this morning she even had her two front paws across my arm as she was sleeping. As we are going away next week, I'm a bit worried about leaving her now as she won't get any cuddles until I come back, and she will probably wonder why I'm not there. I hope she doesn't decide to wander off elsewhere looking for attention, and wondering if I have done the right thing by leaving them at home instead of putting them in the cattery. I'm going to miss them like crazy, especially now as Mary is so close to me, I'll probably spend the whole holiday worrying about her.
I will be phoning my son daily to see how he is getting on with them, he was supposed to have the week off but now has to go to work as the shop is moving to a bigger place. He isn't really a cat person and he certainly won't cuddle them, they will get fed and that's about it, he's more of a doggy person. I hope they won't get to lonely with no one at home. He will have his lecture before I go so he knows what to do, also written a cat schedule for him to read.
I'm going to be a wreck this time next week when it comes to leaving the babies behind. Crying or Very sad
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Going away. Empty Re: Going away.

Post by *Prince* Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:46 pm

You must try not to worry too much Lynn, as they will be fine. We all go through this, and the cats are always fine - its us neurotic lot!
Of course they may miss their cuddles, but they will get TRIPLE HELPINGS when you get home!
Its always nicer if they can stay at home in their own surroundings, rather than the cattery, so they are lucky really.
As long as your son fulfills his duties in the feeding department, then they will be fine.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Ditto to what Nicki said.

They really will be far happier in familiar surroundings and won't wander off, as they know where their food is dished up! Mary prob senses that something is up and is sweetening you up with extra cuddles to make you feel guilty! (I swear they do that! lol)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 am

Awww... that's so sweet that Mary is getting closer to you! Bless!

Like mentioned... try not to worry (easier said then done... I'm out of my mind with worry when Pok and BG goes to the cattery)... they'll be absolutely fine. Yes, they'll miss you... but the more cuddles will await you when you get back! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Mary will be fine Lynn, surrounded by familiar things and smells, so she will probably still sleep on your bed while you are away, remember and tell your son to leave your bedroom door open and if possible don't change the bedding before you go, so she will really be able to feel close to you. Don't worry, just enjoy your holiday. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down