For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Such a shame

5 posters

Go down

Such a shame Empty Such a shame

Post by littlekitty Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:06 pm

I was browsing through our local cat shelter when I saw two lilac point siamese males needing a home. They are brothers and are eleven years old. I have been thinking of getting a lilac siamese for ages now, long before I got Buddy and Mary as I really love the lilac points.
I wish I could take them on but there is no way hubby would agree to anymore cats, most definately not, and I think to bring two males into the home would upset Buddy and Mary to much as they are used to being together now, and anyhoo I don't think my bank balance would be very happy either. Such a shame 72767
I will have my lilac point one day, that's a promise to my self and I will call him Alfie. Such a shame 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Such a shame Empty Re: Such a shame

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Poor fellas, needing rehomed at 11. I have no doubt that they will be snapped up tho, someone will love to take them home. One day you'll have your Alfie Lynn.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:21 pm

That really is sad, as Helen says, needing rehomed at that age, but am sure the handsome fellas will be snapped up - are you able to check and keep us posted Lynn?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Here are the two siamese brothers.
Keith and Marvin (35408/09)

Sex: Male

Breed: Lilac point Siamese

Keith and Marvin are very close brothers who would need to go home together. They squeeze into bed together and sit happily grooming each other. Marvin has been diagnosed with the early stages of kidney disease, therefore, both are fed on a prescription diet to help control the condition. Keith and Marvin would be best suited to a home with no other animals as they do tend to be a little territorial. They are very affectionate and vocal boys who would be suitable to be rehomed with any aged children. [img]Such a shame KeithandMarvin13808[/img]
*Prince* wrote:That really is sad, as Helen says, needing rehomed at that age, but am sure the handsome fellas will be snapped up - are you able to check and keep us posted Lynn?
Hi Nikki
The only way that I will know if they have been rehomed is if the photo is taken of the net.I don't think they will be in therre for very long though.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Oh poor things, am sure they will be re-homed together very soon. It's heartbreaking reading this and so many like them.
But as you say Lynn, one day you will have your Alfie.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Thanx for sharing them with us Lynn. I adore their names! And they look AND sound wonderful boys! (oooh I'd love to snuggle up with them in their basket)!
Lets hope their pictures are taken off ASAP then! xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Fingers crossed the two handsome boys have gotten a loving home, or will get one very soon! I'm sure they'll be snapped up soon, such handsome boys!

Yes... the day will come when you'll get your little Alfie, Lynn... fate has it's way of letting things happen!

Just like I'm sure the day will come where we can get a little friend for BG... she would absolutely adore it if we had another cuddle kitty. She tries so hard with Pok to groom him and cuddle him, but he won't have any of it... one day though...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Just checked the cats home and the two siamese boys have now been rehomed. Yay. I hope they spend the rest of their lives in their new home. Sadly most of the cats needing rehomed are over 6 years old or kittens. After seeing the amount of older cats needing homes, I will now consider taking on an older cat, in the future.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 pm

YAY! that is wonderful news for the boys. Thanx for letting us know Lynn.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 pm

littlekitty wrote:Just checked the cats home and the two siamese boys have now been rehomed. Yay. I hope they spend the rest of their lives in their new home. Sadly most of the cats needing rehomed are over 6 years old or kittens. After seeing the amount of older cats needing homes, I will now consider taking on an older cat, in the future.

Older cats have so much to offer and usually you will know the temperment of an older cat, whereas a kitten can turn out to be a right little horror. LOL Too many people dismiss older cats which is such a shame. They are less work then kittens as well, they don't wander far and are usually quite happy to sit, feed and be loved.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:24 pm

*dances* Happy to hear the two handsome boys have been rehomed! Fingers crossed they've gotten their forever home.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content