For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneezey Moo!

3 posters

Go down

Sneezey Moo! Empty Sneezey Moo!

Post by maddymoo Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm

When we picked them up from the cattery, there was one cat sneezing away which was not a big deal as had been vaccinated and there were full length sneeze barriers up between all the enclosures, however she insisted on following us to the kitchen area, walking infront of the other enclosures and as she walked past the sneezy cat sneezed on her. Maddy sneezed a few times when we got home which is fine, but then over night she's had many sneezing fits, which have been ending in a sort of whoop and her nose is drippy wet. Poor Moo. There's no gunk in her eyes, but the sneezing looks a little distressing for her and she's just been sick. I've phoned the vets for some advice. I've said to them that I don't want to take her in if not necessary as she's just got home and I don't want to stress her (as you all know, she gets very 'upset' going to the vets lol), so they've said it could just be the change of environment, going back home from the cattery, but if she's still sneezing in 24hrs then to take her in. I mentioned Boo too and if her appetite isn't back up in 24hrs, to take her in too. I think Mads has an upper respiratory cold and I think Bramble's just spent 11 days in fear, so hasn't ate much. But is there anything that the vets can do for a cold?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sneezey Moo! Empty Re: Sneezey Moo!

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:59 pm

If it's just a cold then no, they can't really do anything, it's just like us, we can dope ourselves with this, that and the other but we have to let it run it's course. IF, she has an infection then as you know she may need antibiotics. Keep her warm as best you can and plenty of water, if she is still eating that's a good sign. Bramble may just need time to settle and then she should be fine, entice her with lots of scrummy food. One ill cat is a handful but two, oh me, you'll need another holiday. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Poor little Moo! Hope she's better by now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 109

https://love4cats.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:21 pm

The sneezing stopped and she's a happy Moo! But we are still getting her in early on a night time. Her nose is a bit drippy still mind (as I noticed before when she rubbed up against my bare foot lol), so when I'm at vets with Boo and her eye and ask them about Mads, but as she's happy and eating etc. I think its prob that she's had a cold and is just getting over the last of it maybe. She is a big sexy Moo tho!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Big sexy Moo with dripping nose! I'm sure that's an attactive trait in the kitty world... lol!

BG will often have a very wet and cold nose (as the opposite to Poks, which is always warm and hot)... which she likes to stick in our faces at night... lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 109

https://love4cats.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Lovely! Just what you want that! Cold Kitty nose kisses at night time! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo