For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lump

5 posters

Go down

Lump Empty Lump

Post by littlekitty Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:08 pm

I have just been stroking Mary and noticed a small lump under her chin, not sure if it is a cyst or a wart. I am going to see how it goes and if it does increase in size I shall take her to the vet's. I hate finding lumps on my babies after Smokie developed cancerous lumps, is it to early to worry?
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Lump Empty Re: Lump

Post by maddymoo Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 pm

I really don't know Lynn, when I saw the title of the thread I thought 'Buddys been fighting again lol'. Could it be a feline version of acne? If worried you should call your vet for advice. I'm sure she'll be fine. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Lynn,

Better worrying too early than too late, especially after your experience with Smokie. A vet visit may turn out to have been a waste of money, but if your mind is put at rest it'll be money well spent.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm

It's never too early to worry, when it comes to our little darlings. Like Ian said, better to worry early than too late.
Lets hope its just a wee cyst or something Lynn, but get her checked out to put your mind at ease. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm

If it was me Lynn I would down that vets tonight, don't wait, if it's a cyst, then they can tell you and you don't have to waste time worrying too much, if it needs looked into, better sooner than later.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:30 pm

Am taking Mary to the vet's tonight, just wondering should I feed her before or after the vet's.
She lying outside at the moment, but I bet she does a runner tonight before the vet's. Lump 43453
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Good luck! Give your princess some snuggles from me! I tend to pretend to feed them to get them in one place and as they are happily tucking in, I close off all their escape routes, get the carrier and snatch them up before they know they know whats happening... or thats the theory anyway... what happens in reality, is Mads is not too much bother as she's too big to hide anywhere awkward, so we get her in and then have to coax a Boo out from behind the sofa to the tune of Mads shouting her head off in a her carrier! Rofl! So seriously good luck, I hope it all goes well! x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Well just back from vet's, and she thinks it could either be an insect bite or where she had a tick. I know it's not a tick as Mary likes chin rubs and I would of felt it there, but she's a sod for the bugs. Just got to keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger I've to take her back.
The vet thought I was taking Buds as he's always there and Mary hardly ever goes, she doesn't like this vet, her favourite is the australian guy, he's mine too. Wink
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Awww bless her! Bad insects! Booo! Hopefully it'll heal up then and not get infected. Extra treats for being such a good girl!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down