For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bola (was) missing

3 posters

Go down

Bola (was) missing Empty Bola (was) missing

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 pm

I last saw him yesterday evening about 8.30 but not a sign afterwards and I gave up shouting him and went to bed at gone 12.30. He might have come in during the night, but he didn't wake me (tho' I was awake till the early hours thanks to Max) and if he did come in, I'm pretty sure he had none of his midnight feast dry food.

Still not home at 5.45 this morning, tho' I thought I caught a glimpse of him climbing over a fence three doors away to get a ringside seat at two cats having a right set to at 6am. It was probably Dexter I saw as he came in not long after.

7am....8am.....9am and still no sign, I was starting to get worried, then went into the dining room to see a sleepy face peeping at me from behind a large cardboard box (that I still haven't moved Embarassed) propped up against a sideboard. I don't know how long he'd been there, but he must have heard me calling him outside and just turned over Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bola (was) missing Empty Re: Bola (was) missing

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Bola (was) missing 72767 Bola (was) missing 72767 oh it would only be Bola that did that, he probably heard you and thought, what's he bawling for?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm

And here he is, resting on top of said box, tho' it took a piece of cooked chicken to get him to come out from behind it (Fragile???? Bola, fragile? not two words that fit together very well Laughing)

Bola (was) missing Bola_b11

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Rofl! My heart just lept out for the rather breakable looking objects on the table next to said box and 'fragile' cat! lol

He does look oddly pleased with himself like he's in a post-coital snooze with the box.. his paw wrapped round it lovingly! (Too far? lol)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:56 pm

hahaha no, not the two words you associate with him, is it. Like the look of your sideboard.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 pm

maddymoo wrote:Rofl! My heart just lept out for the rather breakable looking objects on the table next to said box and 'fragile' cat! lol
He's only interested in breaking the *unbreakable* stuff Laughing There used to be a small oil lamp on the sideboard behind him (more ornament than actual lamp, but it does work) which has a glass dome and he was a bugger for knocking it onto the floor. I gave up in the end and moved it onto the windowsill, but he's found it there and it still ends up on the floor, God knows how it's still intact.

He does look oddly pleased with himself like he's in a post-coital snooze with the box.. his paw wrapped round it lovingly! (Too far? lol)
One time when he stood on the box there he managedto fall inside, I think his paw is there to grab hold of the side if he falls again.

Teddy wrote:hahaha no, not the two words you associate with him, is it. Like the look of your sideboard.
Fragile and Bola just don't belong in the same sentence do they? Laughing

The sideboard looks better than it is tbh, it was pretty expensive, well over £300 some 20 odd years ago and I'd give it away if only someone would come and collect it as decorating that room is nigh impossible for me as it's just too heavy to move. One of my aunties said she'd like it a few years back (as long as it was free of course) but I haven't seen or spoken to her in more than three years to let her know she can have it now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Oh give her a call, anything going is a magnet to most estranged family members. I could imagine it being too heavy, unlike todays crap, compressed paper and move it once and the whole thing disintegrates. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:28 pm

This is solid wood and you find that out when trying to move it Shocked Laughing
It's a two piece jobbie, the top just sits there on the bottom, it's sheer weight means there's little to no chance of it ever moving.

I could phone her, but as she used to call regularly with another auntie, maybe every fortnight, then suddenly stopped for no reason that I'm aware of, I'm loathe to let her have it tbh.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:43 pm

eh am not sure how to put this but here goes anyway, could she have died?

she's maybe wanting to call you but the longer you put somrthing like that off, the harder it si, then we feel so embarrassed that we just don't bother. I bet if you were to call her she would be over the moon. You don't even have to mention the sideboard until you gauge the reaction. Oh go on am curious now. Bola (was) missing 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Died? Nah, we're a *bad news* loving family, there's nothing more certain to get the family grapevine going than a serious illness, or even better, a death Rolling Eyes Laughing

I won't be phoning her anytime soon, it's her that's all but stopped speaking to me, not that it gives me sleepless nights, it's up to her to speak.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Died? Nah, we're a *bad news* loving family,

Oh bit like ours, usually it's **have you heard so so died last night*, OR, * just phoning to let you know, Uncle ? got his leg off last week*. All said with that * am so glad am the one to tell you * voice. ROFL.
Usually who they are talking about, you haven't seen since you were knee high to a grass hopper and they EXPECT you to remember. Steve's mother is the best/worst at that little game. Drives me nuts. No Ian sometimes family are better left in the woodwork.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Teddy wrote:Died? Nah, we're a *bad news* loving family,

Oh bit like ours, usually it's **have you heard so so died last night*, OR, * just phoning to let you know, Uncle ? got his leg off last week*. All said with that * am so glad am the one to tell you * voice. ROFL.
Usually who they are talking about, you haven't seen since you were knee high to a grass hopper and they EXPECT you to remember. Steve's mother is the best/worst at that little game. Drives me nuts. No Ian sometimes family are better left in the woodwork.
Exactly Wink In my case tho' I don't even try to pretend I'm interested, I usually make it obvious without actually saying so.

I must admit, when I realised she'd stopped calling here I was curious to know why...............but that soon passed Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 pm

sometimes the reason isn't worth knowing anyway. It's steve I laugh at when hus mum does thst to him, and he speaks in an exasperated way. *no, I dinna remember how am I meant to remember, I wis still in nappies*, then she goes all huffy, it's like a bloody soap opera.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down