For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is some tail

+2
Teddy
Ian B
6 posters

Go down

This is some tail Empty This is some tail

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:39 pm

The cat from across the road asleep on the spare bedroom windowsill this afternoon, and it's not a trick-pic, his tail really is that long Shocked There must be a bit of monkey in him somewhere along the line Laughing

Oh, and the wall is a bit grubby with paw prints but isn't as out'n'out filthy as it looks in the pic, honest.

This is some tail Some_t10

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

This is some tail Empty Re: This is some tail

Post by Teddy Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Good god, that's a tail Laughing have to say the cat looks a bit bedraggled. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:24 pm

It's huge isn't it? Laughing

As for him looking bedraggled, sad to say that's very true, and him being so tall and skinny (read underfed imo) doesn't help much. He's a lovely, friendly cat who deserved much better treatment tbh, tho' he always seems happy enough to trot off back home. That's why I don't chase him out when he calls for a snack and/or nap, and the way Buddy and Max hate him means there's no chance of his trying to adopt me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 am

Wow that's a long tail! He does look a bit "scruffy" though. It doesn't cost much to keep his fur brushed and looking nice, but at least he has somewhere to sleep and to have a snack if he is hungry.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Please don't be too harsh about his appearance, my Sparky is often a sorry sight, but it's because he won't let me groom him & I have to resort to cutting out his matts and often have to take him to the vets to be clipped as he gets in such a state! He has always been a nightmare to keep matt free, I often have the scratch marks to prove it and I've had since he was a kitten, the Birmans on the other hand are so easy to groom, I literally can do anything to them!
Kaz
Kaz

Number of posts : 18
Cat(s): : 4, 1 Moggy, 3 Birman
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Kaz, now you have mentioned it your Sparky looks deliciously scruffy and that is part of his characterful look. Bless him! Our Joseph looked a right state in his later years and I am sure that those who did not know him thought we were very bad owners. He was all skin and bone and his once regal long tail - probably as long as this one but not bushy - developed a kink, and he lost all his teeth, a nick out of one ear, and his fur looked unkempt. Then we have our overfed Bonnie, with her big belly which causes her to waddle, her weepy eye, her dreadful teeth, her cataract - but she has a beautiful soft and shiny coat. Thank goodness for Malo who looks the picture of health - but then he will not let us groom him at all. He keeps human contact to a minimum and runs a mile if he sees an implement of any description. What a magnificent tail though!!!

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:48 pm

He's a scruffy individual who isn't overly keen on being stroked so I reckon grooming would be tricky at best. That said, I've yet to see a matt on him, so perhaps they do manage to somehow groom him at home. It's a good job you can't tell just how thin he is, I can feel virtually every bone in his body, he's very, very underweight imo, which is odd as his owner told me he never stops eating at home and he goes thro' plenty of food here on his regular visits.

He'd be a giant of a cat at his correct weight as he towers over my lot and is even taller than Pablo. The low weight could be due to worms, but I've seen no evidence of them. It's a shame as he's a lovely cat, tho' still very nervous even tho' he's been calling here for food for at least 12 months now, and more lately a nap during the day, sometimes sneaking in after I've gone to bed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm

What a tail eh? Lovely!