For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another weird one.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another weird one. Empty Another weird one.

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Sophie has been out today, she came back about 10 minutes ago, but didn't eat, she wandered around the workshop after trying to get comfie on my knee, and she went up tp the back of the workshop, somewhere she doesn't really go to , so I called her, she twittered but didn't come to me, so I went to see what she was up to and she was crouched down. When I went to move her she had pee'd slightly, not spraying, just a little puddle. Now I'm worried, she doesn't pee inside unless she's kept in and then she uses her litter tray. confused
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Another weird one. Empty Re: Another weird one.

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Mighty strange! Could something have put her off her litter tray at all, so she was desperately trying to find a quiet corner out of the way. Maybe she had been interrupted full flow by something while doing her toilet outside and had to cut it short and find some 'safe' alternative to finish off what she had been doing.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Well she's not right, so quiet which isn't like her, she always answers us when we speak to us, and she's peed again but there is blood in it, she's now sitting in a too small box. Oh bless my little princess, we'll take her to the vet tonight. She was fine when she went out earlier, it's just since she's came back.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Wise move Kath, you've got proof that something is wrong instead of having to guess. Hope it's just a infection that can be easily treated.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm

How is Sophie Kath? Did you manage to get an appt at the vet?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:21 pm

We're just back, she has FLUTD, a urinary track infection, which could be caused by stress. So she's had anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic injections, she's on c/d diet food, but not one for her weight, it's to prevent recurrances, so I have to keep an eye on her and if she doesn't inprove in a cuople of days, she'll get an x-ray. Oh my poor princess is looking so sad No
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Sorry to hear that Kath, but at least you got in early so the treatment will hopefully be all the more effective.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I hope so, biggest challenge now is to get her to eat this new stuff, it's wet food, which she's not keen on. She's just sniffed it and walked away, but then that could also be because she's poorly. Fingers crossed she takes to it before Moto snaffles it all.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Oh so sorry to hear about Sophie. Here in our household we have all fingers, toes and paws crossed. You were very on the ball and knew immediately that something was up so you have caught it as soon as you possibly could. Sending positive vibes to Sophie and yourselves.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Thank you Joanne, one of the benefits of working from home, if we had been out at work, I wouldn't have seen her until now. We also get to know our cats so well, each of us know when something is amiss. Another weird one. 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Good luck with the diet food Kath, I know Black Tom never took to his prescription food (and I bought a Another weird one. 265331 caseful) Mixing the new stuff half'n'half with her regular food may help get her used to eating it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Yip it suggests that, so I'll mix some of her dry food in it and see how that goes. I'm not too bothered aboout her eating it tonight, I would like her to drink more though, she hasn't been drinking all afternoon.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Pity she isn't keen on wet as mixing a bit of water in that would help. Maybe just a sprinkling of water on her preferred dry wouldn't be amiss, tho' having seen how much it swells when wet, it looks just as disgusting as it smells Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Aww poor Sophie. I hope she takes to the new diet, it's such a worry when they're ill isn't it? I hope she'll be a bit better by the morning xxx
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 am

She's been licking the juice from the food, I've mixed in some dry and the little madam ate the dry and left the wet. LOL She's just gone out, been sitting on my knee at work for the last half hour, she can't do that all day though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am

Bet she can, if she really wanted. I can't see you shoooing her off, so I bet it is a good thing that Sophie chose to go out for a while. I see that you mentioned that her condition could be caused by stress, and I hope you don't feel that it is anything that you are doing. With Bonnie as she is, a stressed and panicky cat quite readily, I have come to realise that some cats are just anxious by nature. Initially I felt so guilty that we might be the cause, or maybe we needed to make changes to help her calm down, and we were bad owners by failing to do so. Anyway, I have found that the guilt was misplaced, and we provide a loving and caring home, with everything she needs and that it is just part of who she is - in her genes probably. Just a thought though, if both Bonnie and Sophie suffer from stress, and they are both big eaters and in need of a diet - I wonder if their over-eating is related to their anxious state.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Joanne, if you could see Sophie she has always come across as calm and friendly, not what you would imagine a stressed cat to look like, she isn't really a big eater, food has never been her main interest, it's just since she had that steroid injection. I think it's either something that happens outside or Moto that stresses her. he corners her while outside and then pins her down, she's a squealer so we know what's happening when we hear her, so go and rescue her. he's ok with her in the house but outside is a different matter, maybe it's all just getting too much for her.
She didn't stay out for long, already she's back and sitting on my table. Laughing what I have noticed is that when she does want out and I open the door, she stands at the door, looking all around and doesn't run out straight away, so she's obviously looking to see who or what is there.
She definately doesn't like this wet food, so I don't know what to do for the best, the vet reckons she should be on this stuff indefinately, can't see this happening.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry to hear about Princess Sophie's UTI. As for trying to get her to eat the wet food, I dont envy you that one! If she is anything like Prince, who wont GO NEAR THE DISH if its got wet in it............. Rolling Eyes
Its just so awful when they are poorly or not themselves. Lets hope she picks up quickly. x
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Isn't there dry c/d food Kath? Tho' I'll bet it's expensive if there is and Sophie being a cat she'd probably refuse it Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 pm

HA! little Another weird one. 265331 has at this moment got three seperate dishes in front of her. One with her new wet stuff, one with the dry but with water added and one with a wet food she would occasionally eat and she hasn't looked at any of them, I've just given her a tiny amount of the dry light stuff which she has gobbled down. I've not heard of dry c/d Ian, but will google it, the vet reckons because there is 80% water in wet and only 10% in dry, it's dry that aggrevates this.
Like Prince she's just not that interested in wet food. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 am

Well Sophie is much improved although she refuses outright to eat the c/d food, last night I gave in and gave her some light dry which she wolfed down. I think there are comparable foods on the market to c/d, although apparently they're only available from vets, but our vet only ever offers c/d probably because of discounts from the company involved. So now I'm going to trawl the net and see what's available.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Kath,

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=dry+feline+c%2Fd+food&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=dry+feline+c%2Fd+food&gs_rfai=&fp=f9c978d3061eb124

As long as she gets plenty of water as well as the dry c/d, she should be ok.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks ian, I've just ordered the dry for her, bought the 1.5kg no point in buying a bigger bag until I see if she eats this, but even with postage, it's £1.50 cheaper than the vet charged us for the light stuff at the same weight. Another weird one. 579159 Fingers crossed she likes it. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 am

My mum's cat always had cystitis and she was put on a special diet to try and combat it and it worked. I'm going to see my parents tomorrow, so I'll ask mum what food she had Kitty on.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks Ali Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next